Amy (1981 film)
|Directed by||Vincent McEveety|
|Produced by||Jerome Courtland|
|Written by||Noreen Stone|
|Music by||Robert F. Brunner|
|Cinematography||Leonard J. South|
|Studio||Walt Disney Productions|
|Distributed by||Buena Vista Distribution|
|Release dates||March 20, 1981|
|Running time||100 minutes|
Amy Medford (Jenny Agutter) is a dutiful housewife of the early 1900s. But when her husband Elliot (Chris Robinson) objects to a wife with a career, Amy leaves her husband and comfortable lifestyle. She goes on to devote her life to teaching sight-and-hearing-impaired students at a tradition-bound special school. Amy's students take on a team of "normal" kids at a football game.
In 1982, Disney Educational Services excerpted a sequence out of the film for educational use, entitled Amy-on-the-Lips.
- Jenny Agutter as Amy Medford
- Barry Newman as Dr. Ben Corcoran
- Kathleen Nolan as Helen Gibbs
- Chris Robinson as Elliot Medford
- Lou Fant as Lyle Ferguson
- Margaret O'Brien as Hazel Johnson
- Nanette Fabray as Malvina
- Otto Rechenberg as Henry Watkins
- David Hollander as Just George
- Cory 'Bumper' Yothers as Wisley Moods
- Alban Branton as Eugene
- Ronnie Scribner as Walter Ray
Disney released a DVD-on-Demand version of this film as part of their "Disney Generations Collection" line of DVD's on June 26, 2011.
- "Amy credits". ftvdb.bfi.org.uk. bfi Film & TV Database. Retrieved 2009-04-25.
- "Amy". movieretriever.com. Retrieved 2009-04-25.