Amy Anderson (comedian)
September 1, 1972 |
Seoul, South Korea
A classically trained musician, she has been playing piano and classical guitar for many years, earning her Bachelor's degree in Music Education from Westminster Choir College. However, upon completing college her career took a different direction, with Anderson working in a variety of positions – including supervising a coffee shop, working with adults with autism, and owning a pet care business. Eventually she chose to move into comedy, and currently resides in Southern California, where she is a regular on the comedy circuit.
Many of Amy Anderson's jokes deal with motherhood, racism, and being adopted. Anderson is frequently a member of the Mom Squad, which is a collaboration of female comics; produced the monthly "ChopSchtick Comedy" show at the Hollywood Improv; and she is an active blogger, where she keeps fans updated on her opinions and appearances. She is also the mother of child actress Aubrey Anderson-Emmons who plays Lily on the TV show Modern Family.
- Shah, Allie (July 10, 2006). "Korean adoptee breaks new ground in stand-up comedy". Star Tribune (Minneapolis, Minnesota). – via HighBeam Research (subscription required).
- "Everything you wanted to know and more!". It's Amy Anderson. Cool. Retrieved June 27, 2011.
- "Amy Anderson heads lineup at Auburn's Comedy at the Ave". Auburn Reporter. Retrieved June 27, 2011.
- Kim, Eleana (2010). Adopted Territory: Transnational Korean Adoptees and the Politics of Belonging. Duke University Press. pp. 88–89. ISBN 978-0822346951. Excerpts available at Google Books.
- "Interview with Amy Anderson – the rising Asian comedian star". Mathaba. April 23, 2007. Retrieved June 27, 2011.
- "The Mom Squad". Retrieved June 27, 2011.
- Tschorn, Adam (November 6, 2003). "Cultural divides and laugh lines". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved July 8, 2011.
- "Funny Yellow Mom". Retrieved June 27, 2011.
- Pfitzinger, Julie (September 13, 2011). "'Modern Family' tot has local ties". Star Tribune. Retrieved 2014-02-24.
- Case, Tina (February 16, 2012). "A thoroughly 'Modern Family' -- the 'bad ass' mom of 'Lily' from the hit TV show". Yahoo!. Retrieved 2014-02-24.