|Born||Amy Andrea Childs
7 June 1990
Barking, East London
|Occupation||Model, reality TV participant, Businesswoman|
|Net worth||£2.75 million|
|Television||The Only Way Is Essex
It's All About Amy
Amy Andrea Childs (born 7 June 1990) is an English reality television participant. Childs rose to fame after appearing in the first two series of the ITV2 series The Only Way Is Essex. Childs came in fourth place in Celebrity Big Brother 8 in 2011. In 2014, she participated in the Channel 4 reality series The Jump.
Amy was born in Barking but relocated to Brentwood, Essex at the age of six. She attended Raphael Independent School where she was appointed Head Girl. She left the school with four GCSE qualifications.
Amy became well known in 2010 while appearing in the ITV2 semi-reality programme The Only Way Is Essex. Amy later signed to Can Associates management agency, the same agency that represented Jordan, Amy's heroine: "Jordan is definitely my idol. Her looks, her career, her businesses – she's fantastic." Childs  puts her name to a ghost-written column for New! magazine and presents a regular fashion segment on ITV1's This Morning. She has also posed for the fashion magazine Vogue and attended the 2011 ceremony of the British Academy Television Awards, at which The Only Way is Essex received an award. The Sun revealed a list of the richest The Only way is Essex stars current and previous with Amy holding the top spot with £1.5 million followed by Mark Wright.
In July 2011, Amy was named Personality of the Year at the National Reality TV Awards. On 18 August 2011, she began taking part in Celebrity Big Brother alongside actor Bobby Sabel, paparazzo Darryn Lyons, Kerry Katona the former singer, actor Lucien Laviscount, gypsy Paddy Doherty, singers Jedward, David Hasselhoff's second ex-wife Pamela Bach, Sally Bercow, the wife of the Speaker of the House of Commons and actress Tara Reid. Childs finished fourth in the show, which was for the first time broadcast on Channel 5. Amy and Jedward filmed an advertisement for Celebrity Big Brother 2012, which first aired on 16 December 2011.
A fly-on-the-wall reality show It's All About Amy débuted on Channel 5 on 1 December 2011. The show involves Amy, her family, and her friends taking part in Amy's business investments. The show was not recommissioned after the first series.
Amy competed in an episode of Let's Dance for Sport Relief with her cousin and fellow TOWIE star Harry Derbidge in February 2012. Amy also participated in a celebrity special of The Bank Job on Channel 4 in March 2012.
In 2011 Amy's estimated earnings were £2.75 million ($4.4 million).
Amy launched a fragrance on 21 August 2012, which she promoted with her partner David Peters. Amy has also released her own range of Eyelashes, beauty and tanning range, a fitness DVD and calendar.
Amy lives with her father Billy, mother Julie and older brother Billy and three pugs in Brentwood, Essex. She has her own fashion range, sold exclusively on her website. She also has her own perfume called Amy Childs. She is a former girlfriend of Kirk Norcross. Amy was also in a relationship with Take Me Out contestant David Peters. They split in May 2013 after a year long affair.
|2010-11||The Only Way is Essex||Herself||TV series (24 episodes & Christmas special)|
|2011||Celebrity Big Brother||Housemate||Evicted Day 22 - 4th Place|
|2011-12||It's All About Amy||Herself||1 series (8 episodes)|
|2014||The Jump||Competitor||2nd Eliminated - 11th Place|
- Never Mind The Buzzcocks (7 November 2011) - Contestant
- All Star Family Fortunes (25 December 2011) - On the TOWIE team, won £1,650 for their chosen charity The Haven House Children's Hospice
- Let's Dance for Sport Relief (25 February 2012) - Contestant
- The Celebrity Bank Job (16 March 2012) - Contestant
- Let's Do Lunch with Gino & Mel (14 August 2012) - Herself, guest
- Celebrity Wedding Planner (16 January 2013) - Wedding planner
- Sooty (7 September 2013) - Herself, spa owner
- Birds of a Feather (9 January 2014) - Herself, one episode
In popular culture
Impressionist Francine Lewis performed an impression of her in the seventh series of Britain's Got Talent. She particularly parodied her famous affinity with Essex and used some of her known phrases such as 'Well Jel'.
- "Amy Andrea Childs – birthday girl". London: Twitter. 7 June 2012. Retrieved 7 June 2011.
- AMy Childs talks TOWIE rivalry and why she quit the Essex show| Fabulous. Fabulousmag.co.uk (12 November 2011). Retrieved on 2012-05-07.
- Amy Childs Biography, Picture Gallery & Video. heatworld.com. Retrieved on 2011-11-28.
- Love, Ryan (26 July 2011). "Amy Childs admits nerves over 'This Morning' debut". London: Digital Spy. Retrieved 19 August 2011.
- Atkinson, Jane (30 December 2011). "AMY Childs has been tipped to top the TOWIE rich list — by earning more than £10MILLION". The Sun (London).
- "Reality TV Awards: Apprentice wins three prizes". London: BBC. 7 July 2011. Retrieved 19 August 2011.
- "Celebrity Big Brother 2011: Newlywed Tara Reid leaves new hubby behind as she enters the house". London: Daily Mail. 19 August 2011. Retrieved 19 August 2011.
- Amy Childs films scenes for Channel 5 reality show All About Amy | Mail Online. Dailymail.co.uk (5 October 2011). Retrieved on 2011-11-28.
- Channel 5 to follow Amy Childs for 'It's All About Amy' | Channel 5. About.channel5.com (4 October 2011). Retrieved on 2011-11-28.
- Mendoza, Nadia (27 January 2012). "Shut up! Amy Childs' reality show is axed after one series". Daily Mail (London).
- TV's Top 10 Richest Stars: Eamonn Holmes, Amy Childs, Harry Hill All Make The List (PHOTOS). huffingtonpost.co.uk (16 February 2012)
- Amy Childs dazzles in a brightly coloured dress. Dailymail.co.uk (2011-06-09). Retrieved on 2012-05-07.
- "Kirk Norcross admits "I'm still in love with Amy Childs...I'd like us to get back together"". The Mirror. 24 April 2013. Retrieved 25 May 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Amy Childs.|