Amy M. Holmes (born 1973) is a news anchor on TheBlaze TV and a former host of TheBlaze's news discussion program Real News. She appears on a regular basis as an independent political contributor for CNN and has previously appeared on Fox News. She has also appeared on Real Time with Bill Maher several times. Holmes received a Bachelor of Arts with a major in economics from Princeton University in 1994. She was also a member of Kappa Alpha Theta. She is an independent conservative.
Holmes was born in Zambia to an African father and a White American mother. She was raised in her mother's native Seattle, Washington after her parents divorced when she was three.
She has guest co-hosted The View and co-hosted Fox News' Glenn Beck while Beck was on the road with his "Unelectable" show. She has also appeared on the HBO show Real Time with Bill Maher. She was an anchor of a morning radio program syndicated by the Washington Times newspaper called "America's Morning News". She has appeared with Cenk Uygur on MSNBC Live and Reliable Sources.
After working for several years for Independent Women's Forum, from 2003 to 2006 Holmes wrote Senate floor statements for Bill Frist, a two-term United States Senator from Tennessee and the Republican Majority Leader.
- ^ "Association of Black Princeton Alumni". Retrieved January 23, 2015.
- ^ a b CNN profile
- ^ a b Q&A Cafe: Amy Holmes talks about her history
- ^ "Amy Holmes: Political Commentator". People Magazine. May 8, 2000. Retrieved January 31, 2009.
- ^ Argetsinger, Amy; Roberts, Roxanne (November 28, 2006). "Hot Topics but No Heated Discussions As Amy Holmes Sits In on 'The View'". Washington Post. Retrieved 2011-04-27. (in The Reliable Source)
- ^ Baker, Scott; Stephans, Liz (August 10, 2011), Blaze Editor-In-Chief Scott Baker Sits Down with Blaze GBTV News Anchor Amy Holmes (podcast), The B-Cast with Scott Baker & Liz Stephans
- Amy Holmes on "Politicking with Larry King"
- CNN Anchor profile
- Limpert, Ann; Graff, Garrett M. (July 1, 2006). "20 Fabulous Singles: Amy Holmes
They’re smart, funny, successful, and available—for now". Washingtonian magazine. Archived from the original on 16 May 2011. Retrieved 2011-04-27.
- Beck, Glenn (August 9, 2011), GBTV names Amy Holmes new anchor for The Blaze (embedded video), GlennBeck.com