|Born||Amy Louise Jackson
31 January 1992
Isle of Man
|Occupation||Film actress, beauty pageant titleholder and model|
|Parents||Alan Jackson (father)
Marguerita Jackson (mother)
Amy Louise Jackson (born 31 January 1992) is a British beauty pageant titleholder, model and Bollywood and kollywood actress. She won the Miss Teen World competition in 2009, went on to win Miss Liverpool in 2010. She made her acting debut with the 2010 Tamil period-drama Madrasapattinam. She made her Bollywood debut with Ekk Deewana Tha (2012).
Jackson was born in the Isle of Man to Alan and Marguerita Jackson and has an elder sister Alicia. The family returned to their parents' home of Woolton, Liverpool, two years after Jackson's birth so that her father, who is BBC Radio Merseyside's producer, could continue his media career.Jackson attended St. Edward's College, gaining 10 GCSEs, and then went to sixth form to study English Language, English Literature and Philosophy and Ethics.
After winning the Miss Teen Liverpool and Miss Teen Great Britain pageants, she won the Miss Teen World in 2009. Jackson won 18 prizes, which included a modelling contract in the US on a $50,000 scholarship. She won Miss Liverpool in 2010. She participated in the Miss England competition in 2010 but lost out to Jessica Linley in the final. Jackson signed a second modelling contract with Boss Model Management and modelled all over Europe.
In 2009, at the age of 16, Indian film producers spotted her on a model agency website and invited her to audition, which led to her casting as the female lead in the Tamil film Madrasapattinam. It is a period-drama film where she plays the role of a British Governor’s daughter in 1947 India. After the film was eventually released on 9 July 2010, it was a critical and commercial success, with Jackson gaining praise for her performance. Sify wrote "It is an out and out Amy Jackson show. She is simply amazing to deliver lines in Tamil, and is one good reason to see the film". Behindwoods wrote "The one who walks away with the top honors is Amy Jackson for a beautiful portrayal of a lady torn between her love and the mighty empire. She looks absolutely beautiful, emotes well through her expressive eyes and is able to earn the sympathy of the audiences during tough times". Rediff wrote "Amy Jackson is almost perfect as the wide-eyed young girl who is seeing India for the first time, fascinated by its culture".
According to the Daily Mail, Jackson "learnt about Bollywood by watching Shilpa Shetty in the reality show Big Brother". Later, she was signed by Gautham Menon to play a Malayali Nasrani Christian in Ek Deewana Tha, her Bollywood debut and a Hindi remake of another 2010 Tamil film Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa. She has been signed to do Yevadu and the film I ,
- 2010 Madrasapattinam ( Tamil) as Amy Wilkinson
- 2012 Ekk Deewana Tha (Hindi ) as Jessie Thekkekutu
- 2012 Thaandavam ( Tamil) as Sarah Vinayagam
- 2013 I ( Tamil) as Diya
- 2013 Yevadu (Telugu) as Shrutti
- "Brit model is Bollywood star". The Sun. 25 May 2011. Retrieved February 25, 2012.
- "Amy Jackson on starring in Ekk Deewana Tha". BBC. Retrieved February 25, 2012.
- "Amy Jackson is Britain’s Bollywood babe". The Sun. Retrieved February 25, 2012.
- she also kept show horses, competing quite successfully.q=cache:-8IJhqCzFuYJ:www.amylouisejackson.com/+amy+jackson+liverpool&cd=9&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk&client=firefox-a "About Amy". Amy Louise Jackson. Retrieved 21 August 2010.
- Sharma, Mukul Kumar (January 31, 2012). "Amy Jackson Biography, Height, Movies and Details". Bollygraph. Retrieved February 17, 2012.
- "Liverpool's Amy Jackson is Miss Teen World". Liverpool Echo. 29 August 2008. Retrieved 4 August 2010.
- "Miss Liverpool On Her Way To Win Miss England".
- "AMY JACKSON". Boss Model Management. Retrieved February 25, 2012.
- "Amy Jackson". Boss Model Management. Retrieved February 25, 2012.
- Collinson, Dawn (25 January 2012). "Liverpool teen Amy Jackson on her new life in Mumbai and becoming an in-demand Bollywood leading lady". Liverpool Echo. Retrieved 4 February 2012.
- "Madrasapattinam". Sify. Retrieved 15 January 2013.
- "MADHARASAPATTINAM MOVIE REVIEW". Behindwoods. Retrieved 15 January 2013.
- "Madharasapattinam is worth a watch". Rediff. Retrieved 15 January 2013.
- "Meet the newest foreign girl on the block: Amy Jackson catches the eye of B-town". Daily Mail. 30 January 2012. Retrieved February 25, 2012.
- "Amy Jackson in VTV's Hindi version". The Times Of India. 2011-04-19. Retrieved 2011-11-22.
- "Prateik-Amy Jackson starrer gets new title". IndiaGlitz. 22 September 2011. Retrieved 22 November 2011.
- "Tollywood beckons Amy Jackson". The Times of India. September 24, 2012. Retrieved February 25, 2012.
- "Amy Jackson to romance Vikram in I". The Times of India. Feb 24, 2012. Retrieved February 25, 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Amy Jackson|