18 February 1971
Higher Bebington, Wirral Peninsula, England
|Spouse(s)||Robert Daws (February 2003–present)|
Amy Robbins (born 18 February 1971) is an English stage, film and TV actress best known for her role as Dr. Jill Weatherill in the British television series The Royal. Prior to her role in The Royal she played Police Sergeant Rachel James in the BBC One hospital drama Casualty for one series. Robbins has also appeared TV series including Where the Heart Is, Happiness, My Hero, Heartbeat, Dalziel and Pascoe, The Slammer, Doctors, People Like Us and Holby City.
Before landing her role as Dr Jill Weatherill in The Royal, Robbins played a recurring character, Police Sergeant Rachel James, love interest for Ian Kelsey's character Dr Patrick Spiller, in the BBC One hospital drama Casualty for one series.
Stage and theatre
She played Mrs Johnstone,West End in Blood Brothers, playing Mrs Johnstone, from 1 August 2011 to the end of January 2012, at the Phoenix Theatre, London. She worked at Chichester Festival Theatre in The Accrington Pals with actress Katherine Kelly and has appeared in many more stage productions including A Day in the Death of Joe Egg with actor Mark Benton.
Youngest of five children, Robbins was born in Higher Bebington to an acting family and trained at RADA. She also gained an English and Drama degree from Goldsmiths, University of London. In February 2003 she married her co-star Robert Daws who plays Dr. Gordon Ormerod in The Royal. The couple have two Children. She is a first cousin once removed of ex-Beatle Paul McCartney and the younger sister of Ted Robbins and Kate Robbins, impressionist and actress. Robbins has two other sisters and is also the aunt of actress Emily Atack.
|1998||Nightworld: 30 Years to Life (TV movie)||Darla|
|1999||Holby City||Isla (1 episode- Brave Heart)|
|1999||EastEnders||Jane Carter (Unknown episodes)|
|2000||Where the Heart Is||Shayla Connor (1 episode-The Foreign Field)|
|2001||Happiness||Sophie Clark (1 episode- Forty)|
|2001||My Hero||Xil (1 episode- Girlfriend)|
|2001||People Like Us||Erica Feilding (1 episode-The Airline Pilot)|
|2001||My Beautiful Son\Strange Relations (TV movie)||Maureen|
|2001||Casualty||Sgt. Rachel James (8 episodes)|
|2003||Heartbeat||Dr. Jill Weatherill (1 episode- Out of the Blue)|
|2003-2011||The Royal||Dr. Jill Weatherill / Jill Weatherill (87 episodes)|
|2004||Dalziel and Pascoe||Deborah Mattis (1 episode- Soft Touch)|
|2011||The Slammer||Genie(1 episode- Governor Gimbert)|
|2011-2013||Doctors||Susie Dyerson- Sunny Side Up-2011
Rachel Alton- Through a Glass Darkly-2013
|1997||The Second Jungle Book: Mowgli & Baloo||Molly Ward|
|1997||Up on the Roof||Bryony|
|1998||All the Little Animals||Valerie Ann Platt, Bobby's Mother|
|2002||Killing Me Softly||Sylvie|
- Keal, Graham (24 May 2003). "Such an Honor: Working with a Sixties screen siren was the icing on the cake for actress Amy Robbins". The Sun. p. 15.
- Hendry, Steve (1 October 2006). "Starring role on The Royal is hard labour in every way: Birth scene was too close to reality for pregnant Amy Robbins". Sunday Mail. p. 4.
- "Robert Daws and Amy Robbins". OK!. Northern and Shell Media Publications. Retrieved 3 March 2010.
- "Working together is very convenient". Evening Chronicle. 11 March 2006. p. 14.
- Oglethrope, Tim (15 June 2003). "Carry on Doctor: She's sent temperatures soaring with sexy antics, but The Royal's Amy Robbins makes her family look the other way if she has to strip...". The People. p. 10.