Scobee in 2009
|Spouse||Mark "Mat" Pesch|
Amy Scobee is a former member of the Church of Scientology, and also the niece of deceased American astronaut Dick Scobee. During her involvement in the church she spent much of her time in its Sea Org, a body which oversees the church's day-to-day operations. She wrote Scientology: Abuse At the Top.
She joined the Church at 14. When she decided to leave the organisation and criticise its leadership, intimate details of her pre-marital sex life were leaked to the St Petersburg Times in Florida. The Church sent this information to the newspaper, but has said that this was acceptable because the information was part of an affidavit she had signed and which was therefore not confidential. Scobee appeared in the 2010 Panorama documentary The Secrets of Scientology.
- A Piece of Blue Sky
- Blown for Good
- The Complex: An Insider Exposes the Covert World of the Church of Scientology
- Scientology and the legal system
- Scientology controversies
- "John Sweeney revisits the Church of Scientology". BBC Panorama. BBC. 26 September 2010. Archived from the original on 27 September 2010. Retrieved 28 September 2010.
- Jones, Tony (19 May 2010). "Former top Scientologist speaks out". Lateline (Australian Broadcasting Corporation). Retrieved 28 September 2010.
|Wikinews has related news: Author Amy Scobee recounts abuse as Scientology executive|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Amy Scobee.|
- Scobee Publishing, official website
|This article about an American writer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|