Trask grew up in the Brentwood district of Los Angeles and graduated from University of California, Berkeley in 1982 with a degree in political science. She became a fan of the Oakland Raiders while attending Berkeley and was a member of Phi Beta Kappa. After graduating from Berkeley, Trask enrolled at the USC Gould School of Law in 1982, the same year the Oakland Raiders moved to Los Angeles. In 1983, Trask interned at the Los Angeles Raiders legal department. Trask was admitted to the State Bar of California in 1985. Trask began her legal career at a law firm in Los Angeles and re-joined the Raiders in 1987. Trask resigned as the Oakland Raiders CEO on May 11, 2013.
- Gloster, Rob (December 8, 2010). "NFL's Most Powerful Woman Seeks Stadium Cure for Oakland Raiders Blackouts". Bloomberg. Retrieved October 2, 2011.
- "Catching Up With Raiders Chief Executive Amy Trask". Sports Business Daily.
- Smith, Michelle (January 4, 2001). "Football's Fabulous Female Executive". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved December 5, 2012.
- "Amy Jeanne Trask - #121589". State Bar of California. Retrieved December 5, 2012.
- Hanzus, Dan. "Amy Trask Resigns as CEO of Oakland Raiders". NFL Enterprises LLC. Retrieved May 11, 2013.