Kasparian in June 2012
|Born||Anahit Misak Kasparian
July 7, 1986
Los Angeles, California, United States
|Residence||West Hollywood, California, United States|
|Education||Bachelor of Arts, Journalism (B.A.J.)
Master of Arts in Political Science (M.A.)
|Alma mater||California State University, Northridge (B.A.J.)/(M.A.)|
|Occupation||Political pundit, internet and radio talk show host, producer, entertainment correspondent|
|Employer||The Young Turks|
|Notable credit(s)||The Young Turks|
|Television||The Young Turks with Cenk Uygur|
Anahit Misak Kasparian (Western Armenian pronunciation: [ɑnɑˈhid miˈsɑkʰ kʰɑsbɑˈɾjɑn]); born July 7, 1986) is the American co-host and producer for the online news show The Young Turks. Kasparian began working as a fill-in producer for The Young Turks in 2007, and is now co-host of the main show and host of The Point on the TYT Network. She also appeared on the TV version of the show that aired on Current TV.
Born in Los Angeles, California, Kasparian is the daughter of Armenian immigrant parents and was raised in the Reseda community of the San Fernando Valley. Kasparian graduated from Valley Alternative Magnet High School of Van Nuys in 2004 and California State University, Northridge (CSUN) in 2007 with a Bachelor of Arts, Journalism (BAJ).
Kasparian was an assistant producer with CBS Radio news stations in Los Angeles, first with KFWB and then KNX. She has also worked with AOL News, YouTube, TidalTv and On Point. After becoming a fill-in host in April 2007, Kasparian became the producer and co-host with Cenk Uygur of the progressive talk radio on Sirius XM Satellite Radio and internet show/TV show The Young Turks. She co-hosted TYT University, a show focused on issues faced by university students for some years, and now hosts another TYT Network show, The Point. Kasparian is an agnostic atheist.
Ana Kasparian and Cenk Uygur have been involved with many interviews in the course of the Young Turks. One of those interviews was with controversial pastor James David Manning, a right-wing U.S. Protestant fundamentalist pastor, during which he said "your contributions to this show [the Young Turks] are your boobs, and not your brains." Kasparian "fired back" at the pastor, calling the remarks he made at her "sexist." She called pastor Manning "ignorant", and noted he was a man "who got a PhD from an unaccredited institution [he] founded [himself]."
- Kasparian, Ana (26 October 2007). "The Young Turks...From an Armenian's Perspective.". The Young Turks. Archived from the original on 4 June 2012. Retrieved 25 March 2012.
- ՄԱՆՈՅԵԱՆ, ԳԷՈՐԳ (30 April 2005). ԼՈՒՍԱՐՁԱԿ- Երիտհայուհին [Lusardzak - Yerithayuhin] (in Armenian). Retrieved 25 March 2012.
- Kasparian, Ana (2007). "AnaKasparian". The Young Turks. Retrieved September 14, 2012.
- Kasparian says she grew up in Reseda at 2:00 mark of The Young Turks video "Mom Jailed For Putting Kids In Good School" (January 26, 2011)
- "Class of 2004". Lausd.net. Retrieved 2013-08-05.
- "Episode 94 : Media Mayhem.". The Lip. 14 March 2013. Retrieved 21 October 2013.
- Kasparian describes her experience with KFWB and KNX from 1:20 to 3:20 in the TYT University video "Bad Internships for College Students & Graduates" from October 25, 2011.
- "Atheists Win Court Case, But That Might Be A Bad Thing". YouTube. The Young Turks. April 5, 2014.
- Kasparian, Ana. "Am I an Atheist?". YouTube. Ana Kasparian. Retrieved 27 March 2015.
- Gettys, Travis (6 March 2014). "‘Young Turks’ host Ana Kasparian destroys ‘ignorant,’ breast-obsessed birther pastor". Raw Story. Retrieved 29 March 2015.
Find more about
at Wikipedia's sister projects
|Media from Commons|