Ana Patricia Botín
|Ana Patricia Botín-Sanz de Sautuola O'Shea|
|Born||Ana Patricia Botín O'Shea
4 October 1960
|Alma mater||Bryn Mawr College
|Known for||CEO of Santander UK|
|Spouse(s)||Guillermo Morenés Mariátegui|
|Children||Felipe Morenés Botín, Javier Morenés Botín, Pablo Morenés Botín|
|Relatives||Emilio Botín (father), Paloma O'Shea (mother)|
Ana Patricia Botín-Sanz de Sautuola O'Shea, born in 1960 in Santander, is a Spanish businesswoman. Since December 2010 she has served as CEO (replacing António Horta-Osório[disambiguation needed]) of Santander UK, the British banking subsidiary of the Santander Group.
In 2005, Botín was ranked by Forbes Magazine as the 99th most powerful woman in the world. In 2009, she was ranked 45th. In February 2013 she was assessed as the 3rd most powerful woman in the United Kingdom by Woman's Hour on BBC Radio 4.
Ana Patricia Botín is one of the daughters of Spanish billionaire Emilio Botín who is the Executive Chairman of Spain's Grupo Santander and Paloma O'Shea, 1st Marquise of O'Shea, from whom she is expected to succeed in her title. She studied Economics at Bryn Mawr College (U.S.A.) and went to graduate school at Harvard Business School (Harvard University), to earn her Master of Business Administration.
She worked for seven years at JP Morgan in the United States. In 1988, she came back to Spain and began working for the Santander Group. She was the executive chairman of the Spanish bank, Banco Español de Crédito.
- "The Botíns of Santander: Spanish banking's most powerful family come to the UK". The Guardian. Retrieved 4 March 2013.
- "Santander names new Head of UK Ops". wsj.com. 2010-11-03.
- "#99 Ana Patricia Botín". forbes.com. Retrieved 2008-07-09.
- "The 100 Most Powerful Women". Forbes.com. 2009-08-19.
- BBC Radio 4, Woman's Hour Power list
- Un fondo promovido por Ana Patricia Botín compra Mivisa Envases
- Suala cambia de nombre tras la salida de Ana Patricia Botín, Diario Cinco Días, 24 de febrero de 2006
- La suspensión de pagos de Paconsa, de Ana Patricia Botín, deja un pufo de 105 millones a ING, BBVA y RBS El Confidencial, 19 de octubre de 2005
- "Ana Patricia Botin to Head Santander UK". New York Times. Retrieved 10 January 2013.
- Coca-Cola board elects Ana Botin as a director
- Profile of Ana Patricia Botin - Santander.com
- Ana Patricia Botín named 2005 Businesswoman
- Ana Patricia Botín, the most reputed woman 2010 by MERCO in Spain
- Financial Times names Ana Patricia Botín the most powerful woman in Europe
- Ana Patricia Botín promotes educational proyects for secondary degrees