From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up anabasis in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Anabasis (from Greek ana = "upward", bainein = "to step or march") is an expedition from a coastline up into the interior of a country. Anabase and Anabasis may also refer to:
Art, entertainment, and media
- Anabasis, classic text by the Greek writer Xenophon (431–355 BC), about the expedition of the Persian prince Cyrus the Younger against his brother, King Artaxerxes II
- Anabasis Alexandri, classic text by the Greek historian Arrian (86 – after 146 AD), about Alexander the Great (336–323 BC)
- Anabasis, a fantasy music act on Waerloga records
- The Anabasis, an American progressive metal band featuring Ryo Okumoto
- Anabasis Investments, former name of Carolco Pictures
History and military
- Siberian Anabasis, a literary name for the Czechoslovak Legions' transit through Siberia during the Russian Civil War, in reference to the epic of Xenophon
- Anabasis (moth), a genus of snout moths in the family Pyralidae
- Anabasis (plant), a genus of desert shrubs in family Chenopodioideae
- Anabatic wind, a wind which blows up a steep slope or mountain side
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Anabasis.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.