|Origin||Oshawa, Ontario, Canada|
|Past members||Jon Schwartz
The band saw extensive personnel changes since Matt Mason founded the band with his fraternal twin Willy Mason, but it eventually settled into its current membership: Matt Mason, lead vocals; Jeff Peers, bassist; Clayton Churcher, drummer;and Willy Mason, guitarist. Their self-titled debut EP was released in late 2003. Their first full length album, After Dark, was released in early 2006. They have also released a split 12" with The Creeping Nobodies of Toronto as well as a 7" single in mid-2007. The band released their third album in 2010 Majewski on record label Dead Astronaut.
Some critics have referred to Anagram as "Toronto's best live band", and Now wrote, "Their droning hypnotism has been known to arouse urges to violence and maybe a house fire or two." Andrew Steenberg of Exclaim! wrote that their album is "a lesson in how music should be played."
- Perlich, Tim (2006-01-12). "Punk puzzle: unravelling the enigma of Anagram". Now. Retrieved 2008-02-11.
- Hamilton, Mark (2006-07-06). "Translate! The beautiful mess of Toronto's Anagram". Fast Forward Weekly. Retrieved 2008-02-11.
- "Extermination Music Night, August 19". Now. 2006-08-24. Retrieved 2008-02-11.
- Steenberg, Andrew (February 2006). "Anagram: After Dark". Exclaim!. Retrieved 2008-02-11.
- Levack, Chandler (2012-04-16). "RIP Anagram (2003-2012)". A.V. Club Toronto. Retrieved 2012-04-23.
|This article about a Canadian band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|