|Birth name||Anahí Giovanna Puente Portilla|
May 14, 1983 |
Mexico City, Mexico
She was a member of RBD, who were nominated twice for a Latin Grammy and sold over 20 million records. Before RBD, Anahí released four albums. The success of them was more limited, none of them officially charted. In 2009 she released the album Mi Delirio. The album had a moderate success selling 1.000.000 copies worldwide. She has sold 5 million albums as a solo artist.
Anahí has since retired due to her relationship with Chiapas's governor.
At the age of two, Anahí began her career on a Mexican television program called Chiquilladas. She then starred in numerous films such as Nacidos para Morir and Había Una Vez Una Estrella, with the later earning her an Ariel Award, the Mexican version of the Academy Awards, for best child actress. She then went on to star in several telenovelas, including Mujer, Casos de la Vida Real, Hora Marcada, Vivo por Elena, and La Telaraña.
In 2001 she was cast as fourteen-year old girl named Giovanna Luna in Primer Amor (alongside Kuno Becker, Ana Layevska and Mauricio Islas). This was a teen-oriented soap opera and was one of the highest-rated in its time-slot.
In 2004 she starred in Rebelde, a Mexican remake of the hit Argentine telenovela, Rebelde Way. Before Rebelde, Anahí had starred in Ángeles Sin Paraíso with Felipe Colombo, star of Rebelde Way. On Rebelde, Anahí portrayed Mia Colucci, a popular girl from a wealthy family. Rebelde was a hit worldwide and had over 400 episodes, airing from 2004 to 2006.
Following the success of Rebelde, in 2007, Televisa released RBD: La Familia, which starred the members of RBD. The sitcom was based on the fictional lives of the members of RBD. The characters of the sitcom were not based on the band's characters in Rebelde, but intended to be similar to the actors' real personalities. RBD: La Familia was the first Mexican show shot entirely in High Definition. The show ran from March 14, 2007 to June 13, 2007, and only lasted 13 episodes.
In February 2011, four years after her last appearance in a TV series, Anahí was chosen to play the lead role in Dos Hogares, a telenovela written and produced by Emilio Larrosa. After prolonged negotiations, Anahí accepted the role. Filming began on April 25, 2011 and ended on January 14, 2012. The TV series premiered on June 27, 2011 and aired its final episode on January 20, 2012.
In 1993, she released her first album titled Anahí. She later released a second album titled ¿Hoy Es Mañana? which featured the singles "Corazón de Bombón", "Por Volverte a Ver" and "Descontrolándote". She went on to record two additional albums titled Anclado En Mi Corazón and Baby Blue.
The success of Rebelde launched RBD. To date, RBD has released 9 studio albums, including albums in Spanish, Portuguese and English. They have sold over 20 million albums worldwide, sold over 17 million digital downloads, and toured across South America, North America, Central America and Europe.
In 2006, following the success of RBD, Anahí re-released her solo album, Baby Blue, under the name Una Rebelde en Solitario, selling over 700,000 copies in Mexico and more than 1 million copies worldwide being this considered the most successful album in the career of the singer since. The following year she also released another compilation: Antes de Ser Rebelde, this time with the themes of her first two albums. On August 15, 2008, RBD released a message telling fans that they had decided to split up. They went on one final tour, Gira Del Adios World Tour which ended in late 2008. On November 2008, Anahi and Dulce María collaborated with Tiziano Ferro on a song called "El Regalo Màs Grande".
In April 2009, Anahí launched an official website and Twitter page announcing her first solo album. To date, she is the most famous and followed Mexican star on Twitter with more than 6,500,000 followers. She debuted her first solo single since RBD, "Mi Delirio", at the 2009 Premios Juventud in Miami, Florida. It was released for digital download on August 18, 2009. Her first solo album since RBD, Mi Delirio was released on November 24, 2009. The album has been certified Gold in Brazil, Anahí becoming the second Mexican artist, after Thalia, who was certified Gold in that country.
According to Billboard, Mi Delirio World Tour was the 47th most profitable tour in 2010, only in 10 concerts attended by over 35,000 people. And only in the concert of September 1, 2010 raised more than $851,000.
Following the success of Mi Delirio, on November 23, 2010, Anahí released Mi Delirio - Edición Deluxe. The album includes all the songs released with the first album, plus another four songs: "Alérgico", "Pobre Tu Alma", "Ni Una Palabra" and "Aleph". The first two have been chosen to promote the album. The album also contains a letter from the Brazilian author Paulo Coelho to Anahí, a photo gallery and a written message from Anahí to her fans. The album contains a song based on the book "O Aleph", written by Paulo Coelho, and which follows the third single Alérgico. There were three versions of the song, the album version with Anahí only, the version in Portuguese with the Brazilian singer Renee Fernandes (of HEVO84) included in the Mi Delirio - Edición Deluxe Brazilian, a version duet with Argentine singer-songwriter Noel Schajris, released digitally on January 11, 2011, included in the Mi Delirio - Edición Deluxe Colombian. In the U.S. this edition is not released and instead goes on sale a special edition, Alérgico (Fan Edition) - EP. Anahí, presented the Kids Choice Awards Mexico and competed in three categories, winning for Favorite Artist and favorite look. She sang his singles, and it first introduced her single Alérgico. The album debuted at #14 in Mexico getting seven weeks in the Top 100. "Alérgico" became the second most played song in Mexico for eleven weeks and was number one on iTunes.
In 2011, Anahí and Christian Chávez have worked together for the first time since RBD. They have recorded a song called "Libertad", which was released on iTunes on April 12, 2011. The song will be included on Christian Chávez's new album. In May 2011, Anahí and the Latin pop stars Bryan Amadeus and Ale Sergi were invited by MTV Latin America to perform the opening theme for the TV series Popland!. The song entitled "Click" was released on iTunes on September 13, 2011. They have also filmed a video which shows the three of them having fun and posing for 'clicks'. On July 5, 2011, Anahí released a new song called "Dividida", which will be included on her new album and it is also the opening theme of the TV series she is starring in, Dos Hogares. The song is available for download on iTunes. While filming the TV series, she has also recorded the ending theme with Carlos Ponce. The song entitled "Rendirme En Tu Amor" was released on July 24, 2011. In December 2011, Anahí was invited by Juan Gabriel, great Mexican singer to record a song with him, for his new album of duets by the celebration of his 40 year career, to be launched in 2012, and entitled Con Tu Amor.
Anahi released a song called "Absurda" in late 2012, and its lyric video was released on YouTube on January 30. On February 4, 2013 goes on sale the single, through digital download. She'd announced the release of a second album in 2013, however this has been since cancelled.
During the telenovela of Primer Amor Anahí battled a serious eating disorder, anorexia. At her lowest point, she weighed approximately 75 pounds she was in and out of five different treatment centers, and had been sent to several different doctors and psychologists around Mexico. One day after returning from a family vacation, she began to feel faint, and was rushed to a hospital, where her heart stopped for eight seconds. In 2006, Anahí opened her own clothing store in Mexico City, called "Anahí World". But because of complications was forced to close just months after its opening. In 2006, the tax administration of Mexico froze four of Anahí's bank accounts as a preventive measure because they believed the actress was involved in tax fraud. In 2007, a Barbie doll version of Anahí, Dulce Maria, and Maite Perroni were released, based on their characters in Rebelde. In 2008, with the support of Televisa, Anahí launched a campaign for Anorexia-Bulimia awareness. In 2008, after taking the issue to court, Anahí was granted her accounts back, two with Banamex and two at Scotiabank. In an interview 2008 she said Pedro Damian has been like a second father to her and has always told him everything and loves him to bits. In 2010 the magazine People en Español named her one of "50 Most Beautiful".
On March 11, 2011, Anahí informed that through tomography was found that the oxygen should come naturally to the brain was blocked in a large percentage due to a deviated septum in the nose caused by a stroke at a young age, caregivers immediately determined that this was the main cause of several ailments that Anahi has suffered in recent years, but mostly a cause of heart attack and had to be dealt with immediately. The operation was a success. On May 17, 2011, Anahí released on iTunes an application for iPhone, called "Anahí Lite".
On March 23, 2011, Anahí became the image of the renowned chocolate brand Snickers in Latin America. The advertising campaign that was launched sparked a controversy because a complaint was filed by "CONAPRED" and "National Institute of Women" who considered the commercial sexist. Anahí clarified that the commercial was not done in the mood to offend anyone, and it seemed nice publicity campaign. Moreover, Effem Mexico, the company behind Snickers, disagreed with the views of these institutions and ensured that before the campaign went on the air a survey conducted in which participants were women. According Effem, the survey did not demonstrate that the advertisement was discriminatory.
On September 18, 2011, Nat Geo Channel presented the original production of "Obsession: Bodies That Scream", recorded in Latin America, which records the testimonies of people who suffer within his own body and try to find a solution. Anahi spoke about the hell that lived for five years during which she suffered from anorexia and how was able to overcome this disease.
On October 12, 2011, Anahí joined the global call for peace: "Imagine One Billion Faces For Peace". Anahí is one of the Global Ambassadors, she creates her own non-violence sculpture and participatse with a message of love and peace for Mexico, Brazil and the entire planet.
In November 2011, Anahi became part of the group "Aviesta", becoming fashion director, with a page for online sales by making a "Quiz" you know that style shoe designs accommodate yourself and make the purchase, by the time sales are only made in Mexico. In August 2012, Aviesta is launched in United States.
In August 2012, Anahí and other Global Ambassadors presented their sculptures in the world expo, "Guns For Peace" which took place in London 2012. In 2012, the magazine Maxim named her "One Of The World's Sexiest Women", in the Maxim Hot 100 of 2012, being considered a Mexican beauty, representing a true triple threat: she sings, she acts and writes the hilarious tweets.
On July 16, 2013, "BE by Anahí", a line of nail polishes, was released. In Glamour magazine Latin America, was revealed that is a collection of 25 different colors, and have names like "rebelde", "delirio", "absurda", "click", "hipnótico" and "Sálvame", which are the names of some of her best known songs.
|1991||Madres Egoístas||Gabriela "Gaby" Cantú|
|1992||Ángeles Sin Paraiso||Claudia Cifuentes|
|1996||Tú y Yo||Melissa Álvarez|
|1997||Mi Pequeña Traviessa||Samantha|
|1998||Vivo Por Elena||Natalia "Talita" Carvajal|
|El Diario de Daniela||Adela Monroy|
|1999||Mujeres Engañadas||Jéssica Duarte|
|2000||Primer Amor - A Mil Por Hora||Jovana Luna Guerra|
|2003||Clase 406||Jéssica Riquelme Drech|
|2004-2006||Rebelde||Mía Colucci Cáceres|
|2007||Lola, Érase Una Vez||Herself (Special guest)|
|2011-2012||Dos Hogares||Angélica Estrada|
|1989||Asesinato A Sangre Fría||Vitoria|
|Había Una Vez Una Estrella||María Juana|
|1991||Nacidos Para Morir||Júlia|
|El Ganador||Mariana Sant|
|1996||No Me Defiendas Compadre||Estephania|
|La Hora Marcada||Victoria|
|1996||Mujer, Casos de la Vida Real||Ana|
|1998||Una Pura y Dos Con Sal||Britany Tylor|
|2007||RBD: La Familia||Annie|
Awards and nominations
- Anahí Mini Bio. tvnotas.com.mx
- Anahi se presenta en Puebla.
- Anahí in Nacidos para Morir and Había Una Vez Una Estrella Esmas.com
- Anahí in Mujer, Casos de la Vida Real, Hora Marcada, Vivo por Elena and La Telaraña. Esmas.com
- How to Be Like Mia Colucci from Rebelde. Wikihow.com
- Anahí is Annie in RBD: La familia Imdb.com
- Anahí... Latest scenes Dos Hogares. TvyNovelas.com
- Anahí recording starts Dos Hogares. Peopleenespanol.com
- Who you want to stay Anahí, Carlos Ponce or Sergio Goiry? Impre.com
- EMI MUSIC - Noticias emimusic.es
- Anahi recorded his new album. Telaveo.com
- Photos of 2009 Premios Juventud. Univision.com
- Mi Delirio - Single - iTunes iTunes.com
- Mi Delirio is gold in Brazil. Abpd.org.br
- Billboard - Hot Tours billboard.com
- Mi Delirio (Edición Deluxe) - Album iTunes.com
- Alérgico (Fan Edition) - EP by Anahí http://itunes.apple.com
- Anahí brilló en los KCA México Quien.com
- Alérgico de Anahí número uno en ventas Quien.com
- Christian Chávez and Anahí premiere "Libertad". Peopleenespanol.com
- Libertad - Single. iTunes.com
- Click - Single. iTunes.com
- Popland - iTunes iTunes.com
- Anahí, Bryan Amadeus and Ale Sergi premiere Click Informador.com.mx
- Anahí debut "Dividida". Peopleenespanol.com
- Dividida - Single. iTunes.com
- Rendirme en Tu Amor (feat. Carlos Ponce) - Single iTunes.com
- Anahí y Juan Gabriel preparan dueto http://musica.univision.com
- "Anahí estrena en Twitter el tema "Absurda"; ¡escúchalo aquí!". People en Español (in Spanish). Retrieved 11 February 2013.
- "Futura primera dama Anahi ya a la venta". Diario Basta (in Spanish). Retrieved 11 February 2013.
- Anahí after anorexia. Univision.com
- Anahi - "Si Yo Puedo, Tú También" - Anahí Against Anorexia and Bulimia. Fundaciontelevisa.org
- Anahí wins court case against tax. Peopleenespanol.com
-  April 2010 - People en Español
- "Anahí es operada de emergencia" (in Spanish). TVNotas.com.mx.
- "Operan a Anahí de la nariz" (in Spanish). peopleenespanol.com.
- "Anahí se transforma en "Carlos" para comercial de chocolate" (in Spanish). peopleenespanol.com.
- "Comercial de Anahí: ¿Sexista?" (in Spanish). peopleenespanol.com.
- "No es sexista campaña de Snickers: Anahí" (in Spanish). vanguardia.com.mx.
- Anahi talk on TV with her anorexia hell. Eluniversal.com.mx
- Thus was the feast of Anahí to launch Aviesta Quien.com
- Anahi Makes US Debut as Shoe Designer Fox News Latino
- Confirmed: Anahi en los Juegos sing Olympic 2012. Peopleenespanol.com
- "Maxim Hot 100 2012". Maxim.
- Anahí y Manuel Velasco, virtual gobernador de Chiapas, presumieron su amor en Nueva York. entretenimiento.univision.com
- Anahí y Manuel Velasco ya no ocultan su amor. novelasyseries.univision.com
- En ¡HOLA!: Anahí y Manuel Velasco, el más romántico beso de película. mx.hola.com
- Anahí tiene novio gobernador; Manuel Velasco ganó en Chiapas. quien.com
- Anahí no se casa en diciembre con Manuel Velasco. quien.com
- Anahí y Manuel Velasco pasean su amor en Chiapas. quien.com
- Novo par! Anahí, ex-RBD, namora governador mexicano. ego.globo.com
- “Anahí no se casa”, dice su representante. peopleenespanol.com
- "Anahí recibe anillo de compromiso". La Hora De La Novela (in Spanish). 4 October 2014. Retrieved 4 October 2014.
- "Anahí lanza línea de barnices". Quien (in Spanish). 17 July 2013. Retrieved 12 August 2013.
- "Anahí lanza su propia línea de esmaltes para uñas". E! (in Spanish). 18 July 2013. Retrieved 12 August 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Anahí Puente.|