|Elevation||3,000 ft (1,000 m)|
Anaka is situated on the main highway between Gulu and Pakwach. It is located approximately 54 kilometres (34 mi), by road, southwest Gulu, the largest city in the sub-region. The coordinates of the town are:02 36 00N, 31 57 00E (Latitude:2.6000; Longitude:31.9500).
The landmarks within the town limits or close to the edges of the town include:
- The offices of Anaka Town Council
- Anaka Hospital - A 120 bed public hospital, administered by the Uganda Ministry of Health
- Anaka Central Market
- The Gulu-Pakwach Highway - The highway passes through town in an East to West direction
- Ogom Trading Centre and home of the Late Mr. Alex Okot Akiyo and the Late Mr. Oweka Labokke.
- Pope Paul VI Senior Secondary School.
- Anaka Catholic Church.