Tipton at the 2011 Toronto International Film Festival
|Born||Analeigh Christian Tipton
November 9, 1988
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
|Years active||2006-present (model)
|Agent||Abrams Artists Agency
|Height||5 ft 9.5 in (1.77 m)|
Analeigh Christian Tipton (born November 9, 1988) is an American figure skater, actress, and fashion model, most noted for placing third on Cycle 11 of America's Next Top Model and for her roles in the films Crazy, Stupid, Love and Warm Bodies.
Life and career
1988-2007: early life
Analeigh Tipton was born on November 9, 1988 in Minneapolis, Minnesota. When Tipton was 8, her family relocated to Sacramento, California, where she later attended St. Francis High School and the New York Film Academy's Film School program at Universal Studios, Los Angeles. She studied at Marymount College in Palos Verdes, California. Tipton was also a supporter of the Invisible Children. She participated in the Global Night Commute in the Cesar Chavez park.
Prior to America's Next Top Model, Tipton was signed to I Model & Talent in Los Angeles and walked in Los Angeles Fashion Week Fall 2008 for designer, Kelly Nishimoto for her Fall 2008 collection, Imasu.
Tipton began skating at the age of two and a half, and competed in four U.S. Synchronized Skating Championships. Later, she and her pair partner, Phillip Cooke, became two-time regional champions, and competed at the U.S. Junior Figure Skating Championships twice on the Juvenile level. She retired from competitive skating at 16 but continued to skate in charity ice shows for AIDS foundations and to rebuild a rink damaged in a fire.
2008-2010: ANTM and modeling career
Tipton placed third on Cycle 11 of America's Next Top Model in 2008. She was recruited through Myspace and was asked to audition in Los Angeles. At the beginning of the show, Tipton revealed that she once encountered sex traffickers posing as modeling agents. She was then sold to a Saudi Arabian prince but managed to get out of the situation before the deal was finalized. After landing in the bottom 2 in the episode "You're Beautiful, Now Change" for not using her ice-skating moves to her advantage, she rebounded and appeared in the top three for seven consecutive weeks. Tipton was called first twice, one for the first CoverGirl commercial, which Tyra Banks deemed "the best CoverGirl commercial in the history of America's Next Top Model." She also won the go-sees challenge, by booking all three of her go-sees she went to and getting back on time. In a challenge won by Elina Ivanova, Ivanova shared her prize with Marjorie Conrad and Tipton; they appeared alongside each other in the December 2008/January 2009 issue of Seventeen magazine. She was subsequently eliminated in the finale after forgetting her lines in the second CoverGirl commercial, which left Samantha Potter and McKey Sullivan to walk in the finale runway show.
Tipton signed with Ford Models in Los Angeles and Abrams Artists Agency, in both the commercial and theatrical divisions. Additionally, she appeared on Spain's Marie Claire, Seventeen magazine's December 2008-January 2009 edition, and a several page spread in Maxim. She has also done catalog work for Forever 21, Guess, Three Dots and featured in the CampusGirls USA 'Girls of Pac 10 Conference' calendar which is published by her cousin and raises money for breast cancer.
In 2010, Tipton modeled Geren Ford's pre-fall 2010 collection. For Los Angeles Fashion Week she walked for Skingraft and David Alexander for the S/S 2010 season. Tipton's other runway credits include Mercedes Benz Fall Fashion Show, Ticket Fashion Show, Nick Verreos Line, Guess?, and America's Next Top Model obsessed fashion show.
2010-present: acting career
Tipton and Samantha Potter appeared as guest stars on the television series The Big Bang Theory, in the episode "The Panty Piñata Polarization." She made her film debut in The Green Hornet, which starred Cameron Diaz and Seth Rogen, and was released on January 14, 2011. Tipton also played a babysitter who has a crush on Steve Carell's character in Crazy, Stupid, Love, alongside Julianne Moore, Marisa Tomei, Emma Stone, and Ryan Gosling. Her role in Crazy, Stupid, Love. garnered some praise from the critics, as she was called a "face to watch" by The New York Times, and was featured in Nylon, Details, Teen Vogue and Interview.[clarification needed]
|2008||The Dark Lord's Lament||True Love||Short film|
|2011||The Green Hornet||Ana Lee||Film debut|
|2011||Crazy, Stupid, Love.||Jessica Riley|
|2011||Damsels in Distress||Lily||Lead role|
|2013||One Square Mile|
|2013||Two Night Stand|
|2008||America's Next Top Model||Herself||Contestant in Cycle 11; finished third|
|2008||The Big Bang Theory||Analeigh||"The Panty Pinata Polarization" (season 2: episode 7)|
|2009||The Tyra Banks Show||Herself||"Top Model Toga Party" (season 4: episode 104)|
|2011||Hung||Sandee||Recurring role; 8 episodes|
|2012||Made in Hollywood||Herself||Episode #7.23|
|2013||The Power Inside||Ashley||Main role|
|2012||"Constant Conversations"||Herself||Passion Pit video|
- "Analeigh Tipton". Ford Models.
- Tipton. "Favorite 'America's Next Top Model' Moments Revealed". BuddyTV. "Now I'm acting and signed with an agency in L.A."
- Elfman, Lois (September 11, 2008). "Former skater strikes a pose on runway". Ice Network. Retrieved August 11, 2011.
- "Marymount Alumna Stars in New Film" Maymount College Alumni web site
- "Biography for Analeigh Tipton" at IMDb
- "I Model & Talent".
- "Kelly Nishimoto Fall 2008".
- "U.S. Figure Skating: Final Results: 2001-2002 U.S. Junior Figure Skating Championships: Juvenile Pairs".
- Elfman, Lois (August 11, 2008). "Crazy, Stupid Love's Tipton has skating roots". Ice Network. Retrieved August 11, 2011.
- "ANTM Alum Analeigh Tipton Stars In Upcoming Indie Comedy" Wetpaint
- Bio Buddy TV
- "Analeigh Tipton dishes about her third-place 'Top Model' finish" November 25, 2008, Reality TV World
- "America’s Next Top Model 11: Episode 10 Recap (Go-See’s)" November 5, 2008, Pop Hangover
- "My First Time: Analeigh Tipton" Video Maxim
- "The Big Bang Theory".
- Analeigh Tipton at the Internet Movie Database
- "Analeigh Tipton Joins Carell/Gosling Comedy" April 8, 2010, Coming Soon.net
- "Faces to Watch - Analeigh Tipton, ‘Crazy, Stupid, Love’ " May 1, 2011, New York Times
- "Analeigh Tipton: Project Hollywood" Interview at Teen Vogue
- "Dave Franco, Analeigh Tipton, and Cory Hardrict to Join Zombie Film WARM BODIES".