1 May 1955 |
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
|Residence||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Alma mater||The Lawrence School Lovedale Harvard University
Harvard Business School
|Occupation||Chairman and Managing Director of Mahindra & Mahindra Limited|
|Net worth||$825 million (October 2011)|
Anand Mahindra (हिन्दी: आनन्द महिन्द्रा) (born 1 May 1955) is the Chairman and Managing Director of Mahindra & Mahindra. His grandfather KC Mahindra co-founded the company from his hometown Ludhiana, Punjab. Keshub Mahindra is the uncle of Anand Mahindra.
Anand Mahindra studied at The Lawrence School Lovedale early in his life and then graduated magna cum laude from Harvard College, Cambridge, Massachusetts in 1977  and completed his MBA from Harvard Business School, Boston, Massachusetts in 1981. According to October 26, 2011 rankings of Forbes, his net worth is US $825 million and is ranked #68 in India's rich list.
In 1991, he was appointed Deputy Managing Director of Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. He became the Managing Director in 1997 and took charge from Keshub 14 years ago in 1997. Mahindra was a co-promoter of Kotak Mahindra Finance Ltd, which was converted into a bank in 2003.
Under Anand Mahindra's leadership, the Mahindra group has grown rapidly through both acquisitions and greenfield business development with several high-profile mergers in the past few years, including the acquisition of Satyam Computer Services in 2009, Reva Electric Vehicles in 2010, and Ssangyong Motor Company in 2010. In 2002, the company launched an indigenously developed SUV, the Scorpio, which today has gone global.
Anand Mahindra studied filmmaking at Harvard and remains a keen photographer with a strong interest in film. He also enjoys listening to the blues  and helped set up an annual Mahindra Blues Festival in Mumbai in 2011. Anand Mahindra has recently become a regular user of the social media tool Twitter.
Mahindra is a Director of The National Stock Exchange of India Limited appointed under the "Public Representatives" category.
He is the Chairman of National Safety Council of India.
Mahindra is the Founder Chairman of the Mumbai Festival, which was launched in January 2005. The event was the first comprehensive festival to celebrate the rich cultural diversity of the city.
Mahindra is also the Chairman of the National Institute of Design's Governing Council.
- CNBC Asia Business Leader Award for the year 2006 
- Named Business Leader of the Year by the Economic Times Awards 2008-2009
- Named Business Leader of the Year in 2011 at The Asian Awards 
- Bellman, Eric (2010-10-06). "Mahindra Donates $10 Million to Harvard - WSJ.com". Online.wsj.com. Retrieved 2011-01-24.
- Anand Mahindra - Harvard Humanities 2.0
- "#68 Anand Mahindra". Forbes. 2011-10-26.
- "Anand G. Mahindra MBA". Businessweek. Retrieved 11 April 2013.
- "Mahindra and Mahindra:Tribune News Service". Tribuneindia.com. Retrieved 2011-01-24.
- Karmali, Naazneen (9 May 2011). "Mahindra's Secret Global SUV Page 2 of 3". Forbes.
- "Business Week Executive Profile". Investing.businessweek.com. Retrieved 2011-01-24.
- "#82 Keshub Mahindra". Forbes. 2011-10-26.
- Kotak Finance in News,.
- Tech Mahindra acquires Satyam, outbidding L&T, The Hindu, 2009-04-14, retrieved 2011-02-18
- "Mahindra & Mahindra buys 55% in Reva to power electric car biz". Economic Times. 2010-05-27. Retrieved 2011-02-18.
- "Mahindra buys Ssangyong for 377 million adding sales outside India". Bloomberg. 2010-11-23.
- An Interviews with Anand Mahindra.
- "Anand Mahindra". Mahindra.com. 2011. Retrieved 2011-02-18.
- "anand mahindra (anandmahindra) on Twitter". Twitter.com. Retrieved 2011-01-24.
- The Hindu on CII President.
- Anand becomes NSC Chairman,.
- The Hindu Business Line on Mumbai Festival,.
- "No product can succeed without a good design: Anand Mahindra". Ahmedabad. The Economic Times. 27 December 2012. Retrieved 2012-12-31.
- "Features". The Times Of India. 2009-08-25.
- The Asian Awards 2011 Winners Announced
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Anand Mahindra.|
- CNN on Anand
- Anand Mahindra Business India's Business Man of the Year 2007
- Anand on CNN Talk Asia
- NSC Chairman Profile
- Building a Knowledge Economy on Growth
- Anand Mahindra on Twitter