|• Total||249.63 km2 (96.38 sq mi)|
|Elevation||10 m (30 ft)|
|• Density||16/km2 (41/sq mi)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Hooghly|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Singur|
Anandanagar is located at.
Anandanagar had a population of 3,963 in the 2001 census.
List of High schools in Anandanagar
- Anandanagar A.C.Roy High School,(Institution Code 17023) (Bengali medium)
- Anandanagar Ramanath High school, (Index code G4-002) (Bengali medium)
List of primary schools in Anandanagar
There is total five primary schools in Anandanagar:
- Anandanagar Bratachari Primary School
- Anandanagar Primary School
- Anandanagar Porepara Primary School
- Anandanagar Hamangini Primary School
- Khosalpure Primary School.
- There is a central Govt. Hospital 'Anandanagar Union Health Center & Rural Training Unit' under singur unit.It has all necessary primary facilities,capacity of 6 beds(maternity ward),outdoor facilities for general patients.
Roads and transportation
- The main road is 'Anandanagar Link Road' length2.7 km,width 5m.It is the main artery of the village and it is connected to the SH2 via Chandannagar-Nasibpur road.Another road renoveted under 'pradhan mantri gram sadak yojana' connects between kaliwada and Singur via Rajarbathan.Boinchipota,Anandanagar,Ratanpur.
- There is Auto & Trecker service to Singur,Chandannagar,Kamarkundu.
- Nearest Railway stations are Singur & Nasibpur on Howrah-Tarakeshwar section.
- Anandanagar Ramkrishna Sangha
- Anandanagar Brotachari Sangha
Current Panchayat Prodhan from Anandanagar Panchayat is Amar Pore of AITC, who won the seat in Panchayat elections of 2013. Profulla Pore of AITC had won this seat in 2003 and Prem Prasad Adhikari of AITC had won this seat in 1998.
- "CENSUS DATA District Name :HUGLI(12) Block Name :Singur(0012)". West Bengal Govt. Retrieved 2009-01-26.