|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2013)|
Anarbor in 2011
|Past members||Jess Myers
Anarbor is an American alternative rock band from Phoenix, Arizona that was formed in 2003. The band is composed of lead vocalist and bassist Slade Echeverria, guitarist Mike Kitlas, guitarist Adam Juwig and drummer Greg Garrity. Initially known as "Troop 101," the band later changed their name to "Anarbor." In April 2008, the band was signed to Hopeless Records while still attending high school in Arizona. Since then, the band has released four EP's and two studio albums.
The band started playing together in Garrity's garage in early 2003. They played their first show on July 17, 2003 at Skateland in Chandler, AZ. Shortly after the band's first show, they added bassist Jess Myers. The band continued to play all over the Phoenix metro area throughout their high school years. In December 2004, the band went into the studio with producer Matt Grabe to record their debut EP, "You Brought This On Yourself", which was released locally in May 2005.
Their self-released EP, Hearing Colours, Seeing Sounds, was released digitally in March 2008 and peaked at No. 62 on Amazon.com's Top Album chart.
Their debut Hopeless Records release, The Natural Way, came out on August 19, 2008. The four song digital release debuted at No. 6 on the Billboard Top Singles Album Chart. In October 2008, Jess Myers announced her departure from the band, due to excessive touring and her interest in going to college.
An acoustic version of Anarbor's song "Passion for Publication" appeared in the compilation Take Action! Volume 9.
The band released Free Your Mind on March 10, 2009.
On April 20, 2010, the band released their first full length studio album, entitled The Words You Don't Swallow, which peaked at number 50 on Billboard's Independent Albums chart and number 16 on the Heatseekers chart.
On March 8, 2011, the group released an EP of cover songs and remixes entitled The Mixtape.
On January 30, 2012, Adam Juwig posted a note on Anarbor's Facebook page, announcing that he had left the band.
In 2012 the band released two singles: "Whiskey In Hell (Rough Cut)" which was released on February 7, and "Damage I've Done", released on October 2.
On May 6, 2013, Anarbor announced that their new album would be called Burnout and that it would be released via Hopeless Records on June 4. On the same day they released a lyric video for a new song, "Every High Has a Come Down". On May 14, 2013, Anarbor released a lyric video for another song off of Burnout, titled "Who Can Save Me Now", via the official Hopeless Records YouTube Channel. On May 29, the entire album was uploaded for streaming on YouTube.
The song "Let the Games Begin" was featured on an episode of MTV's series The Hills. In addition, Anarbor's music is featured daily on ESPN's top-rated show Sports Center. Anarbor was chosen to write and record the theme song for the Scooby Doo movie, due out in September 2009. They have filmed a music video, "You and I", which aired on Cartoon Network that showcases the tune, in addition to playing on the movie's trailer. Anarbor's tune "Let The Games Begin" has also been chosen to be the theme song to "Good Day L.A.", a national talk show broadcast from Los Angeles.
"Let the Games Begin" was also featured on the NFL kickoff show, on NBC, during a recap of the 2008-2009 season.
"Let the Games Begin" has also been featured in the episode "Boards of Glory" in Stoked, a hit Canadian cartoon on Teletoon.
"Let the Games Begin" is the theme song for MLB Network Countdown.
Anarbor competed on the MTV comedy "Silent Library" which first aired on June 21, 2010.
"Always Dirty, Never Clean" was featured on Jersey Shore season two, episode one.
"Passion for Publication" and "Let The Games Begin" were also featured on Jersey Shore season two, episode four.
Anarbor was featured on the MTV show "10 on Top" which first aired on April 2, 2011.
- Current members
- Slade Echeverria - lead vocals, bass guitar (2003–present)
- Mike Kitlas - rhythm guitar (2003-2013, 2014-present)
- Adam Juwig - lead guitar (2003-2012, 2014-present)
- Greg Garrity - drums, percussion (2003-2013, 2014-present)
- Previous members
- Touring members
- Justin Bradley - rhythm guitar, backing vocals (2013)
- Steven Kopacz - drums, percussion (2013)
- Josh Withenshaw - lead guitar (2013)
- In June 2006, Anarbor went on their first tour on the West Coast leg of the Home Is Where You Make It tour featuring The Scene Aesthetic and Danger:Radio.
- In June 2008, Anarbor toured throughout the West Coast and Midwest with The Summer Set and Eye Alaska.
- In September and October of 2008, Anarbor toured the East Coast and Midwest with The Bigger Lights, The Years Gone By and School Boy Humor.
- In December of 2008, Anarbor toured the West Coast with The Scenic and TV/TV.
- In February through April 2009, Anarbor toured on the Take Action Tour with Cute Is What We Aim For, Meg and Dia, Breathe Carolina, and Every Avenue.
- In 2009, May and June Anarbor toured with main act Forgive Durden,and You, Me, and Everyone We Know.
- In Summer 2009, they toured with main act The Cab, and The Summer Set, Eye Alaska and The Secret Handshake on the What happens in Vegas Tour.
- In late Summer 2009, they also attended the Warped Tour for four days in July.
- In October 2009, they toured with Straylight Run, Lydia, and Camera Can't Lie.
- In 2009, late-September to early October, Anarbor toured with The Almost, This Providence & The Dares.
- Winter 2010, Anarbor joined The Friday Night Boys, The Ready Set, The Bigger Lights & Great Big Planes on the Once It Hit Your Lips Tour.
- Spring 2010, Anarbor joined This Providence, The Audition (band), & The Bigger Lights on the 'Bout Damn Time Tour.
- Spring 2010 Anarbor was on the Give It A Name Tour in the UK with The Swellers
- Summer 2010, Anarbor was on the Beyond the Blue tour in Japan with Valencia, There for Tomorrow, and Artist vs Poet. The band was on the way to their first show in Osaka when drummer Greg Garrity fell and broke his jaw at a rest stop. The band had to cancel the remainder of the tour dates and fly back home to the United States.
- Summer 2010 Anarbor was on all of the Warped Tour.
- Fall 2010 Anarbor was on tour with VersaEmerge for the Vultures Unite Tour.
- Spring 2011 Anarbor was on tour with A Rocket To The Moon, Valencia, Runner Runner, and Go Radio for the On Your Side Tour.
- Summer 2011 Anarbor was on the Beyond The Blue Tour in Japan with Mayday Parade, The Summer Set, With the Punches and Destine.
- Summer 2011 Anarbor was on the Zumiez Couch Tour for ten dates with Forever The Sickest Kids
- Summer 2011 Anarbor had a cross country Co-Headlining tour with Valencia; Conditions and NGHBRS also performed.
- Winter 2012 Anarbor was on tour with Mayday Parade, We the Kings and The Downtown Fiction for the End of the World Tour 2012.
- December 2012 Anarbor toured with NeverShoutNever!, Plug In Stereo and WIlliam Beckett
- Summer 2013 Anarbor played all of the Warped Tour. They played the #Domo Stage with Tonight Alive and Stick To Your Guns from June 15–20 and June 22-August 4.
- February 2014 Anarbor played four dates with Artist vs Poet in California and Arizona.
|Release Date||Album Title||Record Label|
|May 6, 2005||You Brought This On Yourself (Troop 101)||Self-Release|
|March 4, 2008||Hearing Colours, Seeing Sounds||Self-Release|
|August 19, 2008||The Natural Way||Hopeless//Sub City Records|
|March 10, 2009||Free Your Mind||Hopeless//Sub City Records|
|April 20, 2010||The Words You Don't Swallow||Hopeless//Sub City Records|
|March 8, 2011||The Mixtape||Hopeless//Sub City Records|
|April 11, 2012||Let The Games Begin (feat. Danrell)||Island Def Jam Digital Distribution|
|June 4, 2013||Burnout||Hopeless Records|
- Official website
- Anarbor on Myspace
- Anarbor on Twitter
- Anarbor on Facebook
- Meyers, Jess. "A blog from Jess". MySpace.com.
- "Anarbor Chart History". Billboard.
- "Anarbor Chart History". Billboard. Retrieved April 13, 2013.
- Juwig, Adam. "Farewell, friends... from Adam". Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Anarbor Announce New Album "Burnout", Now Available For Pre Order". Retrieved 17 May 2013.
- ""Every High Has a Come Down" Lyric Video". YouTube. Retrieved 17 May 2013.
- ""Who Can Save Me Now" Lyric Video". YouTube. Retrieved 17 May 2013.
- Common, Tyler. "Anarbor stream new album, "Burnout"". Alternative Press. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- Cizmar, Martin. "Anarbor Song in Scooby Doo Movie, Band Plays Tempe Show Tomorrow". PhoenixNewTimes.com. Retrieved 26 April 2013.
- "New tours! The Almost then Straylight Run". MySpace. Retrieved April 13, 2013.
- "We're Coming to the UK!". MySpace. Retrieved April 13, 2013.
- Nicki, Escudero. "Anarbor are Recovering on the Warped Tour After Bombing in Japan". PhoenixNewTimes.com. Retrieved 26 April 2013.
- "We're going on Vans Warped Tour 2010!". MySpace.com. Retrieved April 13, 2013.