|Full name||Anatoliy Andreyevich Banishevskiy|
|Date of birth||23 February 1946|
|Place of birth||Baku, USSR|
|Date of death||10 December 1997(aged 51)|
|Place of death||Baku, Azerbaijan|
|Height||1.74 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|1987–1988||Burkina Faso (youth)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
† Appearances (Goals).
Anatoliy Andreyevich Banishevskiy (Azerbaijani: Anatoli Andreyeviç Banişevski; Russian: Анатолий Андреевич Банишевский; 23 February 1946 in Baku – 10 December 1997 in Baku) was a Soviet footballer of Russian descent from Baku, the capital of Azerbaijan. Most of his playing and coaching career, Banishevskiy committed to his native club Neftchi Baku.
He played for the USSR national football team, winning 51 caps and scoring 19 goals. Banishevskiy played for the Soviet side in the 1966 FIFA World Cup. His club team was PFC Neftchi, and he scored 136 goals in Soviet Top League competition. The striker was unofficially named Azerbaijan's Player of the Year three times—in 1966, 1967, and 1978.
In November 2003, as part of the celebration of UEFA's Jubilee, he was selected as the Golden Player for Azerbaijan by the Association of Football Federations of Azerbaijan as the country's most outstanding player over the past 50 years.
Banishevskiy made his international debut for USSR on 4 July 1965 against Brazil during friendly match. His international career ended with the final of the lost final of the 1972 European Championship against West Germany.
Later life and death
Following his wife's behaviour, he also lost the ownership of his house, which led him to live life in alcoholism on streets of Baku. However, he was rescued from this situation by his old lover Saida, who treated him for his last years and married him.
|As a player|
- Grigory Fedotov club's member: 38th with 115 goals
- List of the bests 33: 2nd (1965, 1966, 1967)
- "Development of various kinds of Azeri sport". National Olympic Committee of Azerbaijan. Archived from the original on 7 August 2008. Retrieved 27 June 2008.[dead link]
- Movsumov, Rasim (15 January 2006). "Azerbaijan - Player of the Year Awards". Rec.Sport.Soccer Statistics Foundation. Retrieved 27 June 2008.
- "Golden Players take centre stage". uefa.com. 29 November 2003. Archived from the original on 19 May 2008. Retrieved 27 June 2008.
- Известному азербайджанскому футболисту Анатолию Банишевскому исполнилось бы 63 года (Russian)
- Анатолий БАНИШЕВСКИЙ:БАКИНСКИЙ ПИЖОН (Russian)
- Matthias Arnhold (29 February 2012). "Anatoliy Andreyevich Banishevskiy - Goals in International Matches". Rec.Sport.Soccer Statistics Foundation. Retrieved 29 March 2012.
- "Banişevski araq içməyi SSRİ yığmasında öyrəndi" (Azerbaijani)
- Верность и мастерство (Russian)
- "Masallı" didərgin düşüb (Azerbaijani)