|Anatoliy Volodymyrovych Skorokhod|
|Born||September 10, 1930
Nikopol', USSR (now Dnipropetrovsk Oblast, Ukraine)
|Died||January 3, 2011
|Institutions||Michigan State University|
|Alma mater||Kyiv University|
|Academic advisors||Eugene Dynkin|
|Known for||Stochastic differential equation, Markovian processes|
Anatoliy Volodymyrovych Skorokhod (Ukrainian: Анато́лій Володи́мирович Скорохо́д; September 10, 1930 – January 3, 2011) was a Soviet and Ukrainian mathematician, and an academician of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine from 1985 to his death in 2011.
In 1956–1964 he worked at Kyiv University. From 1964 until 2002, he was at the Institute of Mathematics of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine. At the same time, he was a professor at Kyiv University. Since 1993, he had been a professor at Michigan State University, U.S., and a member of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences.
His scientific works are on the theory of stochastic differential equations, limit theorems of random processes, distributions in infinite-dimensional spaces, statistics of random processes and Markov processes.
Skorokhod is the author of more than 450 scientific works, including more than 40 monographs and books.
- with I. I. Gikhman: Introduction to the theory of random processes, W. B. Saunders 1969, Dover 1996
- with I. I. Gikhman: Stochastic Differential Equations, Springer Verlag 1972
- with I. I. Gikhman: Controlled stochastic processes, Springer Verlag 1979
- with I. I. Gikhman: Theory of stochastic processes, Springer Verlag, 3 vols., 2004-2007
- Random processes with independent increments, Kluwer 1991
- Asymptotic methods in the theory of stochastic differential equations , American Mathematical Society 1989
- Random linear operators, Reidel 1984
- Studies in the theory of random processes, Dover 1982
- Stochastic equations for complex systems, Reidel/Kluwer 1988
- Stochastische Differentialgleichungen, Berlin, Akademie Verlag 1971
- Integration in Hilbert Space, Springer Verlag 1974
- with Yu. V. Prokhorov: Basic principles and applications of probability theory, Springer Verlag 2005
- with Frank C. Hoppensteadt, Habib Salehi: Random perturbation methods with applications in science and engineering, Springer Verlag 2002
- "Michigan State University News January 11, 2011, Skorkhod, Anatoli". Retrieved 5 March 2011.
- Ibragimov, I.A. "In memory of Anatolii Vladimirovich Skorokhod (1930–2011)". Theory Probab. Appl. 56: 116–119. doi:10.1137/S0040585X97985248.
- "IMS Bulletin Online, Obituary: Anatolii Skorokhod, 1930-2011". September 9, 2011. Retrieved 9 March 2013.
- "To Anatolii Volodymyrovych Skorokhod's memory". Retrieved 5 March 2011.
- Stroock, Daniel W. (1980). "Review: The theory of stochastic processes, by I. I. Gihman and A. V. Skorokhod" (PDF). Bull. Amer. Math. Soc. (N.S.) 2 (2): 388–390. doi:10.1090/s0273-0979-1980-14773-4.
- Getoor, R. K. (1967). "Review: Studies in the Theory of Random Processes by A. V. Skorokhov". Ann. Math. Statist. 38 (1): 287. doi:10.1214/aoms/1177699087.
- Skorokhod's embedding theorem
- Skorokhod integral
- Skorokhod's representation theorem
- Skorokhod space
- Skorokhod problem
- Anatoliy Skorokhod at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- "Skorokhod, Anatoliy Volodymyrovych Collection: Interviews conducted February 20, 1992 and in 2004". Cornell University Library. Retrieved 10 March 2011.
- "A short sketch of life and research of A.V. Skorokhod". Kyiv University. Retrieved 12 July 2011.
- "Anatolii Skorokhod memory page".
|This article about a Ukrainian scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a European mathematician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|