From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Ancient (disambiguation))
|Look up antiquity or ancient in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Antiquity (noun) and ancient (adjective of antiquity, or obsolete noun for an old person) may refer to:
- any period before the Middle Ages (476–1453), but still within the period of Western civilization-based human history or prehistory. The term is most often used of Classical antiquity, the classical civilizations of the Mediterranean, especially Ancient Greece and Ancient Rome.
- "Ancient history" generally, and may be used of any historical period before the Middle Ages
- Antiquities, the term—almost always in the plural in modern usage, referring to objects or artifacts surviving from ancient cultures.
- as a proper name
- Antiquity (whisky), a brand of Indian whisky
- Antiquity (journal), a quarterly journal of archaeological research
- Ancients (art group), a group of English artists in the 1820s and 30s
- Ancient (band), a melodic black metal band from Norway
- Ancient (company), a Japanese software developer
- Ancient (album), an album by Kitarō
in popular culture:
- Antiquities (Magic: The Gathering) an expansion to the Magic: The Gathering collectible card game
- Ancient (Stargate), a race who built the Stargates in the Stargate universe
- Ancient (Traveller), a mysterious race that once dominated the galaxy in the Traveller role-playing game
- Ancients (Eternal Darkness), a god-like race in Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
- Ancients (Legacy of Kain), a race in the Legacy of Kain games
- Ancients, an advanced species in the FreeSpace space simulation computer game series
- Ancients, a race in the Farscape TV series
- Ancients or Cetra in Final Fantasy VII
- The Ancients, a race of highly-advanced worldcrafters in the Might and Magic universe
- Age (disambiguation)
- Eon (disambiguation)
- Ancien (disambiguation)
- Orders of magnitude (time)
- Old age
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.