|Genres||Symphonic metal, power metal, epic metal|
The style and concept of their 2010 debut album The Alliance of the Kings has been seen as inspired by fellow Italian band Rhapsody of Fire. The album is the first part of The Black Crystal Sword Saga. Both the Italian and German edition of Metal Hammer marked a sophisticated songwriting in this release. The latter magazine also found similarities to Anette Olzon in singer Sara Squadrani's voice.
The band's second album The Soulless Child was released in 2011. It continues the The Black Crystal Sword Saga introduced in the previous album. The reviewers of Metal Hammer Germany and Rock Hard agreed that the album had a tendency towards kitsch. While Metal Hammer found several positive remarks about individual tracks, Rock Hard criticised a lack of original hooks.
- The Black Crystal Sword Saga pt 1:
- Daniele Mazza – keyboards (2006–present)
- Martino Garattoni – bass (2006–present)
- Sara Squadrani – singer (2007–present)
- Claudio Pietronik – guitar (2007–present)
- Federico Gatti – drums (2013–present)
- Marino, Pippo. "Ancient Bards - The Alliance of the Kings - The Black Crystal Sword Saga Part 1". Metal Hammer (in Italian). Retrieved 5 August 2014.
- Riedl, Katrin (1 May 2010). "Ancient Bards - The Allliance Of The Kings". Metal Hammer (in German). Retrieved 5 August 2014.
- Riedl, Katrin (1 February 2012). "Ancient Bards - The Soulless Child". Metal Hammer (in German). Retrieved 5 August 2014.
- Albrecht, Frank (2011). "Ancient Bards: Soulless Child". Rock Hard (in German) (296). Retrieved 6 August 2014.
- Squadrani, Sara (3 March 2014). "The Saga". All Things Sara (in English). Retrieved 20 August 2014.
|This article about an Italian band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article on a rock band is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|