And God Created Woman (1988 film)
|And God Created Woman|
Promotional poster for the film
|Directed by||Roger Vadim|
|Produced by||Mitchell Cannold
|Written by||R. J. Stewart|
|Starring||Rebecca De Mornay
Donovan Leitch, Jr.
|Music by||Thomas Chase
|Cinematography||Stephen M. Katz|
|Editing by||Suzanne Pettit|
|Distributed by||Vestron Pictures|
|Release date(s)||January 1, 1988|
|Running time||100 minutes|
|Box office||$717,376 (USA)|
Robin Shea is a mischief-causing temptress, a rock-star wannabe who will do anything to escape the confines of a New Mexico prison. She meets a young man named Billy Moran who is doing some manual labor at the prison. After a brief tryst within minutes of having met, she persuades Billy to marry her.
Billy's responsible, serious demeanor is a sharp contrast to Robin's wild-child nature. She doesn't want a relationship. She is only interested in furthering a musical career any way she can.
A politician, James Tiernan, had previously picked up Robin during a jailbreak and drove her back to the prison. He risks his chances of being elected governor on his ability to use Robin as a poster child for successful prison reform. In the meantime, Robin tries to teach Billy how to properly relate to women as he tries to teach her how to be a wife and mother. In effect, they learn from each other how to become better human beings.
- Rebecca De Mornay—Robin Shea
- Vincent Spano—Billy Moran
- Frank Langella—James Tiernan
- Donovan Leitch—Peter Moran
- Judith Chapman—Alexandra Tiernan
- Jamie McEnnan—Timmy Moran
- Benjamin Mouton—Blue
- Dave Shelley—David
- Einstein Brown—Einstein
- David López—Hawk
Box Office 
The movie was not a success.
- Maslin, Janet (1988-03-04). "Movie Review - And God Created Woman - Film: 'And God Created Woman' - NYTimes.com". Movies.nytimes.com. Retrieved 2012-07-05.
- March 04, 1988 (2010-07-25). "MOVIE REVIEW : Remake of 'And God Created Woman' Is No Improvement - Los Angeles Times". Articles.latimes.com. Retrieved 2012-07-05. Text "SHEILA BENSON " ignored (help); Text " Times Film Critic " ignored (help)
- "And God Created Woman :: rogerebert.com :: Reviews". Rogerebert.suntimes.com. Retrieved 2011-08-29.
- January 08, 1989 (1989-01-08). "Box Office Champs, Chumps : The hero of the bottom line was the 46-year-old 'Bambi' - Page 2 - Los Angeles Times". Articles.latimes.com. Retrieved 2012-07-05. Text "LEONARD KLADY " ignored (help)
|This article about a romantic musical film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a comedy–drama film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|