And It's Beautiful
|"And It's Beautiful"|
|Single by Crash Test Dummies|
|from the album Oooh La La!|
|Recorded||Water Music, Hoboken, New Jersey|
|Label||Deep Fried Records|
|Writer(s)||Brad Roberts, Stewart Lerman|
|Crash Test Dummies singles chronology|
"And It's Beautiful" is a song by Canadian group Crash Test Dummies and was the promotional single from their 2010 album Oooh La La!. Brad Roberts describes the song as the first love song he has ever written, with the song being more happy and upbeat than the band's previous material.
- Promo CD
- "And It's Beautiful" (radio edit) – 3:12
- "And It's Beautiful" (album version) – 3:24
Lyrics and Interpretation
The song is a full-blown love song, which Brad Roberts describes as incredibly difficult to write and it was territory that wouldn't even think about touching during his younger days. The song has been interpreted about being about Robert's relationship with his wife.
The lyrics of the song, such as "We turn our water into wine/ it's something we do all the time/ it doesn't cost a single dime/ And its beautiful" are noted to be remarkable for both their simplicity and their ability to convey so much with so little.
The music video for the song consists of a montage of various images including clouds moving through the sky, plants growing, ice melting, a carousel, roses falling, and many objects shaped like hearts. The video also uses pixilation animation to depict shots of Brad Roberts walking down a street.
- Crash Test Dummies (April 2010). Crash Test Dummies – Oooh La-La! (Promotional Video). crashtestdummiescom. Event occurs at 4:45. Retrieved July 24, 2010.
- "Crash Test Dummies". The Agency Group. Archived from the original on August 8, 2010. Retrieved July 27, 2010.
- Marcus, Richard. "Music Review: Crash Test Dummies – Oooh La La!". Leap in the Dark. Retrieved July 27, 2010.
- Brad, Roberts. "Brad Roberts of Crash Test Dummies on Chanting, Yoga, and Fat Fucks". Social Workout. Retrieved July 27, 2010.
|This 2010s rock song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|