||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for music. (July 2011)|
|Genres||Darkwave, gothic rock, psychedelic rock|
Anders Manga (born May 15, 1973) is an American recording artist best known for his self named Darkwave work and under the name Bloody Hammers. He was nominated for "Best Band" in 2006 by Gothic Beauty Magazine and has released 6 solo albums since 1996, most recently, "Infinite Gaze to the Sun" in winter 2009. Anders' earliest work was in the style of Deathrock then moved toward a more synthesizer based dark gothic rock.
In 2012, he released new work by Bloody Hammers, a previous heavier fuzzed out gothic rock project with wife Devallia. In late 2013 he signed Bloody Hammers to Napalm_Records and are set to release "Under Satan's Sun" in the spring of 2014.
In 1989 he started his first band called Inner Sanctum which split up in 1991. He went on to form other bands, The Traumatics, The Dogwoods and had brief stints in others before going solo in 1996. He is currently married to band member Devallia.
Anders was eleven years old when he first began teaching himself Bass guitar, after borrowing a bass from a neighborhood friend. Anders identifies Alice Cooper as having been his main musical influence as a child, and has said that he was the reason why he wanted to pursue music. Other artists such as Tangerine Dream, Pentagram (band), Gary Numan, Nick Cave, Roky Erickson, Throbbing Gristle and Black Sabbath also had a major influence on his musical tastes.
Current Band Members
Devallia (Organ) & Anders Manga (Vocals, Bass, Guitar)
- Catastrophe (1999) (Vampture)
- One Up for the Dying (2004) (Vampture)
- Left of an All-Time Low (2005) (Vampture)
- Welcome to the Horror Show (2006) (Vampture)
- Blood Lush (2007) (Vampture)
- X's & the Eyes (2008) (Vampture)
- Infinite Gaze to the Sun (2010) (Vampture, USA, Danse Mababre Records, Europe)
- Bloody Hammers - Phantasm (1999) (Sacrificial Records)
- Bloody Hammers - Bloody Hammers (2012) (SoulSeller Records)
- Bloody Hammers - Spiritual Relics (2013) (SoulSeller Records)
- Bloody Hammers - Under Satan's Sun (2014) (Napalm Records)
- The Traumatics - The Traumatics (1993) (Irregular Records)
- The Traumatics - Republic (1995) (Irregular Records)
- The Dogwoods - The Dogwoods (1997) (Irregular Records)
- A Tribute to Alice Cooper (1998) (Wasted Records)
- Interbreeding VIII: Elements of Violence (2006) (BLC Productions)
- Interview with Anders Manga on VampireFreaks.com (2007)
- Interview with Anders Manga at Side-Line.com
- Article on Side-Line.com "Anders Manga finishes 3rd album"
- regenmag.com Artist Spotlight: Anders Manga
- "Blood Lush" Review on chaindlk.org by Steve Mecca
- Review of "Left of an All-Time Low at virus-mag.com by Vlad McNeally (2006)
- Anders Manga at Metropolis Records
- Interview at Guitar World
- Interview at Meta Temple
- Interview at Zombie Hamster