Anderson, New Jersey
|Anderson, New Jersey|
|• Total||0.944 sq mi (2.445 km2)|
|• Land||0.941 sq mi (2.436 km2)|
|• Water||0.003 sq mi (0.008 km2) 0.34%|
|Elevation||502 ft (153 m)|
|Population (2000 Census)|
|• Density||363.6/sq mi (140.4/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||02583965|
Anderson is a Census-designated place located within Mansfield Township, in Warren County, New Jersey, United States, that was created as part of the 2010 United States Census. As of the 2010 United States Census, the CDP's population was 342.
Anderson is located at United States Census Bureau, Anderson had a total area of 0.944 square miles (2.445 km2), of which, 0.941 square miles (2.436 km2) of it is land and 0.003 square miles (0.008 km2) of it (0.34%) is water.(40.761867,-74.929543). According to the
At the 2010 United States Census, there were 342 people, 128 households, and 104.1 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 363.6 per square mile (140.4 /km2). There were 155 housing units at an average density of 164.8 per square mile (63.6 /km2). The racial makeup of the CDP was 63.16% (216) White, 25.73% (88) Black or African American, 2.05% (7) Native American, 2.92% (10) Asian, 0.00% (0) Pacific Islander, 2.34% (8) from other races, and 3.80% (13) from two or more races. Hispanics or Latinos of any race were 11.70% (40) of the population.
There were 128 households, of which 29.7% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 55.5% were married couples living together, 20.3% had a female householder with no husband present, and 18.8% were non-families. 17.2% of all households were made up of individuals, and 9.4% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.67 and the average family size was 2.97.
In the CDP, 23.7% of the population were under the age of 18, 5.8% from 18 to 24, 23.7% from 25 to 44, 28.4% from 45 to 64, and 18.4% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 42.3 years. For every 100 females there were 85.9 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 89.1 males.
- Gazetteer of New Jersey Places, United States Census Bureau. Accessed June 6, 2013.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Anderson Census Designated Place, Geographic Names Information System. Accessed September 27, 2012.
- DP-1 - Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data for Anderson CDP, New Jersey, United States Census Bureau. Accessed September 27, 2012.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- A Cure for the Common Codes: New Jersey, Missouri Census Data Center. Accessed June 3, 2013.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- GCT-PH1 - Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place from the 2010 Census Summary File 1 for Warren County, New Jersey, United States Census Bureau. Accessed June 3, 2013.
- 2006-2010 American Community Survey Geography for New Jersey, United States Census Bureau. Accessed June 3, 2013.
- New Jersey: 2010 - Population and Housing Unit Counts - 2010 Census of Population and Housing (CPH-2-32), United States Census Bureau, p. III-5, August 2012. Accessed June 3, 2013. "Warren County—Name Changes: Beattystown CDP name corrected from Beatyestown; New CDPs: Allamuchy (formed from part of deleted Allamuchy-Panther Valley CDP), Anderson, Asbury, Blairstown, Brainards, Bridgeville, Broadway, Brookfield, Buttzville, Columbia, Delaware, Delaware Park, Finesville, Great Meadows (formed from part of deleted Great Meadows-Vienna CDP and additional area), Greenwich, Hainesburg, Harmony, Hope, Hutchinson, Johnsonburg, Lopatcong Overlook, Marksboro, Mountain Lake, Mount Hermon, New Village, Panther Valley (formed from part of deleted Allamuchy-Panther Valley CDP), Port Colden, Port Murray, Silver Lake, Stewartsville, Upper Pohatcong, Upper Stewartsville, and Vienna (formed from part of deleted Great Meadows-Vienna and additional area)"
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.