Anderson High School (Shetland)
|Motto||Dö Weel and Persevere|
|Headteacher||Valerie M L Nicolson|
|Local authority||Shetland Islands Council|
|Website||Anderson High School|
The AHS is the largest school in Shetland with about 752 pupils from age 11 to 18.
Pupils transfer to the AHS from both local primary schools and remote island primary schools. Pupils also transfer from Junior High Schools after S4 (age 16), leading to more pupils in S5 than in S4. Until recently, Scottish Qualifications Authority statistics based S5 exam results as a proportion of the S4 roll, leading to statistical anomalies.
In 2005, the school was awarded Schools of Ambition status.
- LFPS Lerwick First Public School
- LCPS Lerwick Central Public School
- AEI Anderson Educational Institute
- AHS Anderson High School
- Shetland Islands Annual Return (September 2010) http://www.shetland.gov.uk/education/AnnualReturn.asp
- Irvine, James W. (1985). Lerwick; The Birth and Growth of an Island Town. Lerwick: Lerwick Community Council. p. 126. ISBN 0-9509669-1-6.
- Anderson High School Website
- School Handbook 2009-2010
- AHS Entry at Scottish Schools Online
- Shetland Islands Council Education