|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2013)|
|Directed by||T. Rama Rao|
|Produced by||Poornachandra Rao Atluri|
|Written by||Shoba Chandrasekhar|
|8 April 1983|
Andha Kanoon (Hindi: अंधा क़ानून; English: Blind Law) is a 1983 Bollywood drama film directed by T. Rama Rao, starring Rajnikant, Hema Malini, Amitabh Bachchan, Reena Roy and Madhavi has a special extended guest appearance portraying The wife of Amitabh Bachchan´s character in the film. The film was a success and became the third highest grossing movie of the year.
Jan Nisar Akhtar Khan works as a Forest Officer, and lives with his wife Zakhiya and his daughter Neelu. One day while on duty he comes across some poachers who were cutting sandal wood trees illegally. When challenged, they retaliate, a struggle ensues, and one of them, Ram Gupta, is killed. Khan is charged with killing him, tried in Court, and sentenced to several years in prison. His shocked and devastated wife kills herself along with their daughter. Years later, an angry and embittered Khan is released from prison. One day he comes across another young man, Vijay Singh, and finds out that he is struggling with taking vengeance against three men who had traumatized and killed some of his family members, and decides to help him. It is then Khan finds out that Gupta is still alive and decides to kill him, quite dramatically in the same courtroom where he was convicted for his murder. Vijay also has sister, Miss Durga Singh who has joined Police department just to take revenge against those three men, but law-fully whereas her brother Vijay has decided to kill them one by one by taking law in his own hands as he like Khan does not believe in law. How he succeeds is the entertaining story of this movie.
- Amitabh Bachchan .... Jan Nissar Akthar Khan
- Rajinikanth .... Vijay Kumar Singh
- Hema Malini .... Inspector Durga Devi Singh / Shanti
- Reena Roy .... Meena Srivastav
- Madhavi .... Zakhiya Khan (Special Extended Guest Appearance)
- Dharmendra .... Truck Driver (Guest Appearance)
- Pran .... Anthony D'Cruz
- Prem Chopra .... Amar Nath
- Danny Dengzongpa .... Akhbar Ali
- Amrish Puri .... Mr. Ram Gupta
- Madan Puri .... Jailor Gupta
- Om Shivpuri .... Police Commissioner K. B. Lal
- Asrani .... Constable Asrani
|1||"Ek Taraf Hum Tum"||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, Asha Bhosle|
|2||"Kabhi Na Kabhi"||Asha Bhosle|
|3||"Mausam Ka Taqaaza"||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, Asha Bhosle|
|4||"Meri Behna"||Kishore Kumar, Asha Bhosle|
|5||"Rote Rote Hansna Seekho (Happy)"||Kishore Kumar|
|6||"Rote Rote Hansna Seekho (Sad)"||Kishore Kumar|
|7||"Yeh Andha Kanoon"||Kishore Kumar|
- The movie is a remake of the 1981 Tamil film Sattam Oru Iruttarai starring Vijayakanth and directed by S. A. Chandrasekhar.
- The Tamil film was also remade in Telugu as Chattaniki Kallu Levu starring Chiranjeevi, also directed by S. A. Chandrasekhar.
- The film was also remade in Kannada as Nyaya Ellide starring Shankar Nag, again directed by S. A. Chandrasekhar.
- The movie was also made in Malayalam, released in 1982 as Mattuvin Chattangale starring Ravikumar, Jayaprabha, Kamalahasan & Seema and directed by K.G. Rajashekaran.