Andhra University College of Arts and Commerce
|Andhra University College of Arts and Commerce|
|Principal||Prof. L.K. Mohana Rao|
|Location||Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India|
Andhra University College of Arts and Commerce is one of the constituent colleges of Andhra University established in 1931.
The Colleges of Arts and Commerce was started as part of combined Colleges of Arts, Science and Technology in the year 1931. It was separated in 1966 with Prof. B. Sarveswara Rao as its first Principal.
The College has 28 departments organizing 50 courses covering disciplines like Commerce and Management Studies, Humanities, Social and Behavioural Sciences, Arts, Languages and Education etc.,
The College has a total strength of 1894 full-time students and 200 Part-Time Students, 412 research scholars, 237 teachers and 140 administrative and supporting staff. It is the biggest constituent college of the University with a teacher student ratio of over 1:9.
Schools and Departments
- Department of Adult and Continuing Education
- Department of Anthropology
- Department of Commerce and Management Studies
- Department of Cooperation and Applied Economics
- Department of Economics
- Department of Education
- Department of English
- Department of Fine Arts
- Department of French
- Department of Hindi
- Department of History and Archaeology
- Department of Industrial Relations and Personnel Management
- Department of Japanese
- Department of Journalism and Mass Communication
- Department of Library and Information Science
- Department of Linguistics
- Department of Music
- Department of Philosophy
- Department of Politics and Public Administration
- Department of Psychology and Parapsychology
- Department of Russian
- Department of Sanskrit
- Department of Social Work
- Department of Sociology
- Department of Special Education
- Department of Telugu
- Department of Theater Arts
- Department of Urdu
- Prof. K. R. Srinivasa Iyengar, Professor of English.
- Prof. K. Satchidananda Murty, has been honored with Padma Vibhushan in 2001 by Government of India.
- Prof. K. V. Ramana,
- Prof. Y. C. Simhadri,
- Prof. Koneru Ramakrishna Rao, is a philosopher, psychologist, parapsychologist, educationist, teacher, researcher and administrator. He was chief librarian at Andhra University (1960–61). He established the Department of Parapsychology. He became the director of the Institute for Parapsychology. He was the Vice-chancellor of Andhra University.
- Prof. B. Sarveswara Rao,
- Prof. R. V. R. Chandra Sekhara Rao,
- Dr. M. Gopalakrishna Reddy,
- Prof. C. V. Raghavulu, assumed the Vice-Chancellorship of various Universities.
- Dr. Y. Lakshmi Prasad has been honored with Padmasri by the Government of India.