Andhra University College of Pharmaceutical Sciences
|Andhra University College of Pharmaceutical Sciences|
|Principal||Prof. S. Ganapaty|
|Location||Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India|
Andhra University College of Pharmaceutical Sciences is a constituent college of Andhra University, established in 1951.
The College of Pharmaceutical Sciences was formed as a separate department in 1951, with the commencement of a B.Pharm. course, with the late Prof. S. Rangaswamy as founder Head of the Department. The M.Pharm. course was started in 1954. A separate Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences was formed in 1975.
Andhra University is the second institute in the country to start pharmacy courses at university level in the 1930s. The pharmacy courses were offered in the B.Sc. Honours degree of Chemical Technology and as a specialization at M.Sc. Chemical Technology level. The M.Pharm. course was started in 1954. A separate Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences was formed in 1975.
The department offers B.Pharm. and postgraduate M.Pharm. and Ph.D. programmes in Pharmaceutical Technology, Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmaceutical and Food Analysis, Pharmacology and Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry. The department was the first in the country to start pharmaceutical biotechnology division. With Prof. S. Rangaswamy, founder faculty members were Prof. V. Subba Rao, Prof. N. Viswanadham, Prof. K. Sambamurty and Prof. E. Venkata Rao.
Teachers and researchers who served as Heads of Department in the past include late Prof. S. Rangaswamy (1951–1963), late Prof. V. Subba Rao (1963–1979), Prof. N. Viswanadham (1979–1982), late Prof. K. Sambamurty (1982–1985), Prof. E. Venkata Rao (1985–1988), Prof. D. Visweswaram (1988–1991), Prof. R.V. Krishna Rao (1991–1992), Prof. M. Vimala Devi (1993–1995), Prof. D. Venkata Rao (1996–1998), Prof. P. Ellaiah (1999–2001) and Prof. K.P.R Chowdary (2002-2005).
- B. Pharm.
- M. Pharm. (Pharmaceutical Technology)
- M. Pharm. (Pharmaceutical Bio-technology)
- M. Pharm. (Pharmaceutical Chemistry)
- M. Pharm. (Pharmaceutical and Food Analysis)
- M. Pharm. (Pharmacology)
- M. Pharm. (Pharmacognosy)
- Ph.D. in all Subjects of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Prof. S. Ganapaty Professor and Principal
- Prof. D. Gowri Sankar Professor
- Prof. B. Ganga Rao Professor
- Prof.(Mrs) J. Vijaya Ratna Professor
- Prof. P. Rajeswara Rao Professor
- Prof. K.V. Ramana Murthy Professor
- Prof. Y. Rajendra Prasad Professor
- Dr. (Mrs) A. Annapurna Associate Professor
- Dr. (Mrs) V. Girija Sastry Associate Professor
- Dr. G. Girija Sankar Associate Professor
- Smt. A. Krishna Manjari Pawar Assistant Professor
- Smt. P. Sailaja Assistant Assistant Professor
- Dr. K. Eswar Kumar Assistant Professor
- Dr.M.Murali Krishna Kumar Assistant Professor