Andrew "Andi" Jones (born 10 October 1978 in Manchester, England) is an English athlete who specialises in road, cross country and mountain / fell running, competing for England & Great Britain. In 2003 he finished 4th in the WMRA World Mountain Trophy in Alaska. Closer to home he competes for Stockport Harriers. Although one of the UK's leading distance runners Andi chooses to work full-time alongside his running career and is employed as head of Design and Technology at Falinge Park High School, Rochdale. Andi is due to emigrate to Qatar in 2014.
Andi became the first athlete for 12 years to retain the senior men's title at the 2007 North of England cross country championships in Heaton Park, Manchester. The last runner to win back to back crowns was Rossendale Harrier, Dave Lewis, in 1994 and 1995. For the third time in five years, Gareth Raven of Sale Harriers Manchester finished runner-up.
In July 2009, Jones became the first male to win the Snowdon Race four times in a row (2006, 2007 and 2008, 2009). Jones missed the 2010 Snowdon race to concentrate on the European and Commonwealth Marathon Championships, but was back in 2011 with another win but was this time pushed all the way by Scottish athlete Murray Strain. He finished tenth in the 2010 London Marathon, the second best performing European man after Andrew Lemoncello.
In 2012 Jones will be aiming to better his personal best in the London Marathon and will be aiming to reach the UKA Olympic Games qualification mark. He also intends to try out for the European and World Mountain Running teams with an aim of bettering his performance of 6th at the European Mountain Championships in 2011.
- 10 km, 29:28 - Trafford (7 March 2005) 
- Half marathon, 64:42 - Lake Vyrnwy (2005) 
- Marathon, 2:15:20 - London, (26 April 2009) 
- 2003 WMRA World Mountain Trophy, Alaska - 4th 
- 2006 North of England Cross Country Championships - 1st 
- 2006 Liverpool Half Marathon - 1st
- Great Britain and NI World Cross Country Team 2008
- 2008 Birmingham Half Marathon - 1st
- 2014 Greater Manchester Marathon - 1st 
- "Andi Jones - Profile – Runnerslife – The Home for athletes of all calibres". Runnerslife.co.uk. Retrieved 2013-03-01.
- "Andi Jones wins Greater Manchester Marathon". Manchester Evening News. 2014-04-06. Retrieved 2014-04-12.
- "Design and Technology | Falinge Park High School". Falingepark.com. Retrieved 2014-04-12.
- "Andi Jones - Profile – Runnerslife – The Home for athletes of all calibres". Runnerslife.co.uk. Retrieved 2014-04-12.
- Brown, Matthew (2010-04-25). Commanding victories for Kebede and Shobukhova - London Marathon report. IAAF. Retrieved on 2010-04-28.
- "Potters ’Arf marathon: Andi Jones can give hat-trick chasing Ben Gamble a run for his money". This is Staffordshire. 2012-06-09. Retrieved 2013-03-01.
- Greater Manchester Marathon - 2014 results
|This biographical article relating to English athletics is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|