From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Location of Ando in Nara Prefecture
|• Total||4.33 km2 (1.67 sq mi)|
|Population (April 1, 2015)|
|Time zone||Japan Standard Time (UTC+9)|
|- Tree||Ilex integra|
|Address||958 Higashi-ando, Ando-chō, Ikoma-gun, Nara-ken
|Website||Town of Ando|
Located in the northwestern portion of Nara Prefecture, it is a relatively small town situated close to the center of the Nara Basin. The Tomio River and Yamato River flow through Ando.
- 1889 - Five villages are merged in Heguri District, creating Ando village.
- 1896 - Heguri District is united by Soejimo District, creating Ikoma District.
- 1986 - Ando village is renamed Ando town.
Places of note
- Ando Cultural Museum
- Tomimoto Kenichi Memorial Museum
- Nakake House
Media related to Ando, Nara at Wikimedia Commons
- Ando official website (Japanese)
|This Nara Prefecture location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|