Andohajango

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Andohajango
Andohajango is located in Madagascar
Andohajango
Andohajango
Location in Madagascar
Coordinates: 15°54′S 48°30′E / 15.900°S 48.500°E / -15.900; 48.500
Country  Madagascar
Region Sofia
District Mandritsara
Elevation[1] 357 m (1,171 ft)
Population (2001)[2]
 • Total 13,000
Time zone EAT (UTC3)

Andohajango is a town or commune (Malagasy: kaominina) in Madagascar. It is in the district of Mandritsara, which is a part of Sofia Region. The population of the commune was estimated at approximately 13,000 in the 2001 commune census.[2]

There is a primary and junior level secondary school in the town. The vast majority (99%) of the population of the town are farmers. The most important crop is rice, while other important products are peanut, maize, cassava and raffia palm. Services provide employment for the remaining 1% of the population.[2]

References and notes[edit]

  1. ^ Estimated based on DEM data from Shuttle Radar Topography Mission
  2. ^ a b c "ILO census data". Cornell University. 2002. Retrieved 2008-02-28. 

Coordinates: 15°54′S 48°30′E / 15.900°S 48.500°E / -15.900; 48.500