Andover Township, Ashtabula County, Ohio
|Andover Township, Ohio|
Municipalities and townships of Ashtabula County
|• Total||26.3 sq mi (68.2 km2)|
|• Land||22.2 sq mi (57.5 km2)|
|• Water||4.1 sq mi (10.7 km2)|
|Elevation ||1,083 ft (330 m)|
|• Density||124/sq mi (47.9/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1085718|
Andover Township is one of the twenty-seven townships of Ashtabula County, Ohio, United States. The 2010 census found 2,753 people in the township, 1,608 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located on the southeastern edge of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Richmond Township - north
- North Shenango Township, Crawford County, Pennsylvania - east
- South Shenango Township, Crawford County, Pennsylvania - southeast
- Williamsfield Township - south
- Wayne Township - southwest corner
- Cherry Valley Township - west
- Dorset Township - northwest corner
The village of Andover is located in central Andover Township.
Name and history
It is the only Andover Township statewide.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees. Currently, the board is composed of chairman Kevin Kirby and members Charles Rose and Mike Ogram.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Andover township, Ashtabula County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved July 8, 2013.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.
- Ashtabula County, Ohio Ashtabula County, 2007. Accessed 2007-05-28.