|Full name||André Gomes Magalhães Almeida|
|Date of birth||10 September 1990|
|Place of birth||Lisbon, Portugal|
|Height||1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Playing position||Midfielder / Full back|
|2011||→ União Leiria (loan)||11||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 11 May 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
After playing for three other youth clubs in his hometown of Lisbon, Almeida finished his formation with C.F. Os Belenenses. He made his top division debut on 11 January 2009 by playing one minute in a 0–1 loss against Rio Ave FC, and finished his first full season with 20 games and one goal as the club suffered relegation.
Almeida signed for S.L. Benfica in the 2011 summer, being immediately loaned to fellow top flight side U.D. Leiria. In December, however, he was recalled by the parent club, going on to make four official appearances for the first team until the end of the season, including 90 minutes in a 2–0 home win over C.D. Santa Clara for the domestic league cup, which the Reds won for the fourth time in a row.
Almeida started 2012–13 with Benfica B in division two. However, following the sales of Javi García and Axel Witsel in the last minutes of the summer transfer window, he started being called regularly to the main squad, either as a backup to Maxi Pereira at right back or in centre midfield.
Almeida made his UEFA Champions League debut on 19 September 2012 in a 0–0 draw at Celtic. He also played the full 90 minutes in the second group stage game between the two teams, a 2–1 home success; on both occasions, he starred in the right side of defense.
Almeida gained 30 caps for Portugal all youth categories comprised, including 17 for the under-21 team. He made his debut with the full side on 11 October 2013, playing the full 90 minutes as a right back in a 1–1 home draw against Israel for the 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifiers.
On 19 May 2014, Almeida was named by manager Paulo Bento in the final 23-man squad for the tournament in Brazil. He made his debut in the competition on 16 June, replacing injured Fábio Coentrão in the second half of an eventual 0–4 group stage loss to Germany.
- Primeira Liga: 2013–14
- Taça de Portugal: 2013–14; Runner-up 2012–13
- Taça da Liga: 2011–12, 2013–14
- UEFA Europa League: Runner-up 2012–13, 2013–14
- Benfica solicita regresso de André Almeida à U. Leiria (Benfica requests André Almeida return from U. Leiria); Mais Futebol, 23 December 2011 (Portuguese)
- Taca da Liga round-up; PortuGOAL, 18 January 2012
- Ex-leão André Almeida ganha estatuto na Luz (Former lion André Almeida moving up the ranks at Luz); Ser Benfiquista (Portuguese)
- Celtic stand firm against Benfica; UEFA.com, 19 September 2012
- Benfica grateful for Garay winner; UEFA.com, 20 November 2012
- "Portugal pegged back by late Israel strike". UEFA.com. 12 October 2013. Retrieved 12 October 2013.
- "Paulo Bento announces Portugal's 23-man World Cup squad". PortuGOAL. 19 May 2014. Retrieved 1 June 2014.
- "Muller-inspired Germany thrash ten-man Portugal". FIFA.com. 16 June 2014. Retrieved 17 June 2014.
- "Spot-on Sevilla leave Benfica dreams in tatters". UEFA.com. 14 May 2014. Retrieved 15 May 2014.
- Stats and profile at Zerozero
- Stats at ForaDeJogo
- André Almeida at National-Football-Teams.com
- André Almeida – FIFA competition record
- Soccerway profile