February 21, 1982 |
The Bronx, New York City
|Listed height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Listed weight||172 lb (78 kg)|
|High school||Rice (New York City, New York)|
|College||Seton Hall (2000–2004)|
|NBA draft||2004 / Undrafted|
|Pro playing career||2004–present|
|2005–2006||Florida Flame (D-League)|
|2007–2008||Bakersfield Jam (D-League)|
|2008||Austin Toros (D-League)|
|2008||Los Angeles Clippers|
|2010||Idaho Stampede (D-League)|
|2011–2012||Chorale Roanne Basket (France)|
|2013||Maine Red Claws (D-League)|
|2013||Sioux Falls Skyforce (D-League)|
Andre Rashawd Barrett (born February 21, 1982) is an American professional basketball point guard. Since 2004, he has played for numerous teams in both the NBA and its affiliate league, the D-League. He has also played in Europe.
Barrett was undrafted following a college basketball career at Seton Hall University, and he began his professional career by signing prior to the start of the 2004–05 National Basketball Association season as a free agent with the New York Knicks. He played with the Knicks for three weeks before being waived during the pre-season. He then signed with the Houston Rockets, and he later went on to play for the Orlando Magic.
On September 27, 2005, the Milwaukee Bucks signed Barrett to an undisclosed free agent contract. He participated in eight preseason games with the team, however, he was waived prior to the start of the 2005–2006 season on October 27. Starting on March 1, 2006, Barrett signed two consecutive 10-day contracts with the Phoenix Suns, but he was released from his second contract on March 14. The following day, Barrett signed two consecutive 10-day contracts with the Toronto Raptors, with whom he averaged 15.8 minutes per game. On July 13, 2006, he was waived.
In the 2006 NBA D-League Expansion Draft, held on September 25, 2006, the Bakersfield Jam selected the signing rights to Barrett with their first draft pick. The previous season, he represented another team from the league, the Florida Flame.
On October 2, 2006, he was signed by the Chicago Bulls. The following season, on October 22, the Bulls waived Barrett, who then returned to the Jam for the 2007–08 season. On February 25, 2008, he was traded to the D-League club the Austin Toros in exchange for Justin Reed.
- Barrett was the first overall draft pick in the 2005 NBA Development League Draft by the Florida Flame.
- Andre Barrett - NBA Players - Sportsnet.ca.
- BUCKS: Bucks Sign Andre Barrett & Tommy Smith.
- RealGM: Wiretap Archives: Bucks Waive Andre Barrett, Tommy Smith.
- One Bakersfield Online - Bakersfield News.
- BULLS: Bulls Announce Training Camp Roster.
- Yahoo! Sports.
- CLIPPERS: Clippers Sign Guard Andre Barrett
- Clippers fall, sign Parker
- FC Barcelona signs playmaker Andre Barrett.
- STAMPEDE ADD GUARD ANDRE BARRETT TO ROSTER
- Chorale Roanne lands Andre Barrett
- RED CLAWS ACQUIRE ANDRE BARRETT
- Skyforce Acquires Former NBA Point Guard
- "Grizzlies sign Andre Barrett". NBA.com. Turner Sports Interactive, Inc. October 10, 2013. Retrieved October 11, 2013.
- Memphis Grizzlies waive Andre Barrett, Melvin Ely, Tony Gaffney and Willie Reed
- 2005 Draft Board. @ NBA.com