|No. 26 Free agent|
|Date of birth:||February 6, 1988|
|Place of birth:||New Brunswick, New Jersey|
|Height:||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight:||205 lb (93 kg)|
|Career highlights and awards|
Andre Jamar Dixon (born February 19, 1986) is an American football running back who currently a free agent. He most recently was a member of the Calgary Stampeders of the Canadian Football League.. He was signed by the Hartford Colonials as a first round draft pick in 2010. He played college football at Connecticut.
Dixon enrolled to Connecticut and was redshirted during his freshman season in 2005. In 2006 he played in four games and appeared in each of the final three contests as a kickoff returner. In 2007 Dixon missed the first two games of the year but he returned to gain 809 rushing yards on 160 carries (5.1 average) with three touchdowns while also catching 24 passes for 280 yards and a touchdown. His 280 receiving yards are the most by a UConn running back since Chad Martin had 319 in 1998. One of his best season performances was against South Florida, when he rushed for a career-high 167 yards on a career-best 32 carries, posting 210 all-purpose yards. He split game time with Donald Brown. He was named to the second-team All-Big East along with Tyvon Branch.
For the 2008 season, Dixon sprained his ankle in the preseason, opening the door for Donald Brown to step into the starting role.
On December 2008 Dixon, was suspended indefinitely from the football team following an arrest on drunken-driving charge. He was reinstated to the team shortly before the Huskies' bowl game on January 3, 2009.
New York Giants
Dixon was signed as a rookie free agent by the New York Giants where he was briefly on the practice squad, but was released before the start of the season.
Sacramento Mountain Lions
Dixon was cut by the Mountain Lions on December 26, 2011.
- Connecticut Huskies Bio
- Football Posts First Win Over Ranked Team With Victory Over No. 11 South Florida
- Football Lands Four on All-BIG EAST Teams
- Disappearing Act: Former Backfield Force Andre Dixon Missing From The 2008 Stat Sheets
- N.J. native and UConn RB Andre Dixon suspended after drunken-driving charge
- Colonials 27, Mountain Lions 10
- "Sacramento Mountain Lions Sign RB Andre Dixon". United Football League. Retrieved 22 August 2011.
- "Mountain Lions reduce roster to 51". Retrieved 26 December 2011.
- Released by Stamps