No. 18 Oakland Raiders
|Date of birth:June 16, 1988|
|Place of birth: Hoffman Estates, Illinois|
|Undrafted in 2011|
|Debuted in 2012 for the Dallas Cowboys|
|Roster status: Active|
Career highlights and awards
Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2013
Andre Holmes (born June 16, 1988) is an American football wide receiver for the Oakland Raiders of the National Football League (NFL). Holmes has also played for the Dallas Cowboys and the New England Patriots and was originally signed by the Minnesota Vikings as a undrafted free agent in 2011. He played college football at Hillsdale College.
Holmes played college football at Hillsdale College. He played for Hillsdale from 2007 to 2010 and holds the school's all-time record for receiving yardage. During his junior and senior seasons, he also set multiple Hillsdale records with 181 catches, 2,444 yards and 17 touchdowns. After completing his collegiate career, he was invited to play in the Texas vs. The Nation college football all-star game.
Holmes attended James B. Conant High School where he started at wide receiver for only one season. His football coaches were Dave Pendergast and Bill Modelski. He also participated in basketball where he was coached by Tom McCormack and Jeff Stewart. He was a triple jumper in track and field.
In 2010 he also set a single game school record in the team's first-round playoff game against St. Cloud State University with 16 receptions.
Holmes was twice named ALL-GLIAC and a Division II All-American honorable mention. He was also a member of the track and field team, winning the GLIAC title in the outdoor triple jump at the conference championships in 2006.
|Ht||Wt||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 4 in||210 lb||4.51 s||1.61 s||2.60 s||4.31 s||6.69 s||35 in||10 ft 10 in||11 reps|
|All values from NFL Combine|
He was waived by the Vikings during the preseason first cuts.
The Dallas Cowboys signed him to their practice squad at the end of the 2011 preseason. Holmes was waived by the Cowboys on November 24, 2012. Only a few days later, on November 27, the Cowboys re-signed Holmes to their practice squad, as Danny Coale was expected to be out for the rest of the season due to not being ready and an injury.
New England Patriots
On July 27, 2013, Holmes was suspended for the first 4 games of the 2013 season due to violating the league's performance-enhancing drugs policy. After serving his suspension and being reinstated by the National Football League the Oakland Raiders activated him to their roster on October 7, 2013, filling the open roster spot after the release of quarterback Matt Flynn.
Holmes' father, Kevin Holmes, played college basketball for DePaul in the 1980s. His younger brother Jason, a former college basketball player at Mississippi Valley State and Morehead State, was signed to a rookie contract by St Kilda of the Australian Football League in October 2013.
- "Good to be home, Holmes sets record as Chargers win". The Hillsdale Daily News. November 8, 2010.
- "Ex-Conant star primed for NFL chance". ESPN.com. April 28, 2011.
- "#81 Andre Holmes". Hillsdale College.
- "Holmes headed to All-Star game, WR accepts bid to Texas vs. The Nation game". The Hillsdale Daily News. December 9, 2010.
- "Hillsdale College wide receiver Andre Holmes to take part in Texas vs. The Nation All-Star Game". The Jackson Citizen Patriot. December 9, 2010.
- NFL Draft Scout. Retrieved September 30, 2011.
- "Ex-DePaul star Kevin Holmes excited about son's NFL draft chances". Chicago Sun-Times. April 26, 2011.
- Collins, Ben (October 2, 2013). "Saints sign leaping US basketballer as rookie". AFL.com.au. Retrieved October 9, 2013.
- "Former Eagle Signs Pro Deal in Australian Football League" (Press release). Morehead State Athletics. October 7, 2013. Retrieved October 9, 2013.