Andre Roberts (American football)
No. 12 Washington Redskins
|Wide receiver / Return specialist|
|Date of birth:January 9, 1988|
|Place of birth: Columbia, South Carolina|
|High school: Columbia (SC) Spring Valley|
|NFL Draft: 2010 / Round: 3 / Pick: 88|
|Debuted in 2010 for the Arizona Cardinals|
|Roster status: Active|
Career NFL statistics as of Week 15, 2014
Andre McXavier Roberts (born January 9, 1988) is a American football wide receiver and return specialist for the Washington Redskins of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the Arizona Cardinals in the third round of the 2010 NFL Draft. He played college football at The Citadel.
Roberts attended The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina from 2006 to 2009. During his career he had 286 receptions for 3,743 yards and 36 touchdowns.
2010 NFL Draft
Roberts was drafted 88th overall by the Arizona Cardinals in the 3rd Round of the 2010 NFL Draft.
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|5 ft 10 7⁄8 in||195 lb||31 1⁄2 in||9 1⁄2 in||4.46 s||4.15 s||6.77 s||10 ft 0 in||15 reps|
|All values from NFL Combine|
Andre Roberts started out his rookie season playing limited time as a punt returner. As the season went on Roberts started playing more snaps and started to move into the second receiver slot. He caught his first NFL touchdown against the Minnesota Vikings, a 27-24 loss in OT. He caught his second NFL touchdown, a 74-yard completion, on Christmas Day against the Dallas Cowboys, a game that was won in the last minute 27-26.
On March 11, 2014, Roberts and the Washington Redskins agreed to terms on a four-year contract, worth roughly $16 million. The contract was finalized the next day. Later that month, Roberts made a $12,000 donation to the Kirk Cousins Football Camp, allowing Roberts the rights to wear number 12, which he wore for four seasons in Arizona. He originally signed with the intention to be the Redskins' number two wide receiver, opposite of Pierre Garçon, but became the number three receiver after the signing of DeSean Jackson. He also became the team's new return specialist.
- NFL Combine Profile
- Brinson, Will. "WR Andre Roberts agrees to deal with Redskins". CBSsports.com. Retrieved 11 March 2014.
- Finlay, JP (March 11, 2014). "Andre Roberts "elated" to join the Redskins". CSNWashington.com. Retrieved 2014-03-15.
- Tinsman, Brian (March 12, 2014). "It's Official: Andre Roberts Signs Contract". Redskins.com. Retrieved 2014-03-15.
- Walker, Andrew. "Kirk Cousins Switches Back To Trusty No. 8". The Redskin Blog. Retrieved 17 April 2014.
- Jones, Mike (September 4, 2014). "Andre Roberts to return kicks and punts for Redskins". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved 2014-10-13.