May 10, 1975 |
Madison, Wisconsin, U.S.
Andrea Anders (born May 10, 1975) is an American actress, known for her roles as Alex Garrett on the NBC sitcom Joey, Nicole Allen on the CBS sitcom The Class, and Linda Zwordling on the ABC sitcom Better Off Ted.
Anders was born in Madison, Wisconsin; was raised in DeForest, Wisconsin; and now lives in Los Angeles. She graduated from DeForest Area High School in DeForest, Wisconsin, in 1993; and received a Bachelor's Degree in Fine Arts from the University of Wisconsin–Stevens Point in 1997. In 2001, she earned a Master of Fine Arts from Rutgers University.
In 2001, Anders began her career in theatre. She was an understudy for Mary-Louise Parker in the Broadway production of Proof and later played the part of Elaine Robinson in The Graduate. She also appeared in On the Jump at the Arena Stage, New Doors at the Guthrie Theater, and two New York Stage & Film productions: Cold/Tender and New World Rhapsody.
Television and film
One of Anders' first appearances on television was a commercial for Dannon that ran in the 1990s and then again around 2006.
Anders is most notable for her work on Joey as lawyer Alex Garrett and on the ensemble situation comedy The Class as Nicole Allen (née Campbell), an ex-football player's wife. She appeared in all episodes of both Joey and The Class, but both were canceled.
Anders has also made guest appearances on One Life to Live, Law & Order, The Guiding Light, and Tru Calling. She appeared in five episodes of HBO drama series Oz as Donna Degenhart in 2003 and made a minor appearance in the 2004 film The Stepford Wives, playing the part of Heather. Anders also appeared on Numb3rs in 2008.
Anders appeared in two unsuccessful television pilots. They were Spellbound and News To Me. More recently, Anders appeared on Better Off Ted, a single-camera workplace comedy written by Victor Fresco for ABC.
In 2011, Anders co-starred in the television series Mr. Sunshine alongside creator Matthew Perry. ABC picked up the comedy as a midseason replacement for the 2010–11 television season. In May 2011, ABC cancelled this series.
In 2011, Anders appeared briefly as a cheerleader in the music video "Revenge of the Nerds", a rap song recorded by her former Better Off Ted co-star Malcolm Barrett under the stage name "Verbal". The video features all the other main actors from the Better Off Ted series in cameos either as their TV characters or, in the case of Anders, new characters.
|1998||One Life to Live||Elaine|
|2003||Oz||Donna Degenhart||Recurring appearances|
|2004||Stepford Wives, TheThe Stepford Wives||Heather||Movie cameo|
|2004||News To Me||Emma Leeds||Television pilot|
|2004||Tru Calling||Fake Chris Berensen/Kathy||Guest appearance|
|2004–2006||Joey||Alexis "Alex" Garrett||Starring role in 46 episodes|
|2005||Never Been Thawed||Christian Band Slut|
|2006–2007||Class, TheThe Class||Nicole Allen (née Campbell)||Starring role in 19 episodes|
|2008||Numb3rs||Rena Vining||Guest appearance|
|2008||Sex Drive||Brandy||Supporting actress|
|2009–2010||Better Off Ted||Linda Zwordling||Starring role in 26 episodes|
|2011||Mr. Sunshine||Alice||Starring role in 13 episodes|
|2011||Necessary Roughness||Laura||Recurring appearances|
- "Andrea Anders Biography". CBS.
- Andrea Anders from Better Off Ted - at Film.com
- "'Never Been Thawed'". Wisconsin State Journal. March 13, 2005. Retrieved August 27, 2009.
- De Leon, Kris (March 4, 2007). "Hot List: The Class – Andrea Anders". Buddy TV. Archived from the original on 11 March 2008. Retrieved February 15, 2008.
- Hitchcock, Laura (May 20, 2007). "Fat Pig, A CurtainUp Los Angeles Review". CurtainUp. Archived from the original on 9 January 2008. Retrieved February 15, 2008.
- Andrea Anders, Interviewee (2006). Andrea Anders Exclusive Interview (Stream). CBS Innertube. Retrieved February 15, 2008.
- "Andrea Anders – IMDb". IMDb. Archived from the original on 18 August 2007. Retrieved August 8, 2007.
- "Development Update: February 24". The Futon Critic. February 24, 2004. Retrieved May 6, 2008.
- Andreeva, Nellie (May 5, 2008). "Megan Dodds, Mike O'Malley join shows". Hollywood Reporter. Archived from the original on May 8, 2008. Retrieved May 6, 2008.
- Andreeva, Nellie (January 12, 2010). "Matthew Perry project a go at ABC". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved April 25, 2010.[dead link]
- Hibberd, James (May 18, 2010). "ABC's new fall schedule". The Hollywood Reporter. Archived from the original on 21 May 2010. Retrieved May 18, 2010.
- "Better Off Ted cast reunites for Malcolm Barrett's hip-hop video". Zap2It.com. Retrieved November 16, 2011.
- "Andrea Anders: Credits". TV Guide. Archived from the original on 15 April 2008. Retrieved May 6, 2008.