|Full name||Andrea Bertolacci|
|Date of birth||11 January 1991|
|Place of birth||Rome, Italy|
|Height||1.79 m (5 ft 10 1⁄2 in)|
|2010–2012||→ Lecce (loan)||43||(6)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 25 May 2012.
† Appearances (Goals).
Bertolacci started his career with the Roma academy. On January 2010 he was sent on loan to Serie A team, Lecce. He scored the first goal for Lecce against Juventus a game in which he scored a brace. In summer 2010 Lecce extended the loan and borrowed Simone Sini also from Roma.
On 22 June 2011 Lecce excised the option to buy 50% of his registration rights for a pre-agreed fee of €500,000. However Roma excised his rights against the option for €500,000. Thus, Lecce received €500,000 in net as an incentive for the loan. Then Bertolacci was loaned for another season to Lecce, in order to play as a regular and gain more experience.
Bertolacci scored against his parent club in a 2–1 defeat on 20 November 2011. On 30 June 2012, Bertolacci returned to Roma. In summer 2012 he was involved in the deal to sign Genoa's Panagiotis Tachtsidis. 50% Bertolacci was tagged for €1 million and 50% Tachtsidis for €2.5 million.
Bertolacci started his international experience in Val-de-Marne under-16 international tournament. He played all 3 matches of 2008 UEFA European Under-17 Football Championship elite qualification, which Italy did not qualify to the next round. He then promoted to U19 team in January 2009 (as a consequence of the early exit of U-19 born 1990 team), played twice in 2010 UEFA European Under-19 Football Championship elite qualification and once in the elite round. He also selected to the final stage, played twice as starter. In 2010–11 season he capped twice for the U20 team in the Four Nations Tournament.
In April 2011 he received his first under-21 call-up. However he was injured and missed the friendly. On 10 August 2011 he made his debut with the Italy U21 team, in a friendly match against Switzerland.
On 11 June 2013, Bertolacci scored a 94th-minute equaliser – his first goal for the under-21s – against Norway in the European U-21 Championships to ensure Italy topped their group. Italy went on to reach the final, though Bertolacci did not feature.
- "OPERAZIONI DI MERCATO CONCLUSE AL 24 GIUGNO 2011" [Operations in market concluded on 24 June 2011]. AS Roma (in Italian). 24 June 2011. Retrieved 11 June 2012.
- "COMUNICATO STAMPA" [Press Release] (in Italian). FIGC. 27 October 2006. Retrieved 12 September 2010.
- "Capuano, Bertolacci and Forestieri newcomers for friendly against Russia". FIGC. 8 April 2011. Retrieved 7 July 2011.
- "A Padova contro la Russia. Ferrara: "Tappa importante per il futuro"" (in Italian). FIGC. 12 April 2011. Retrieved 7 July 2011.
- "Convocazioni e presenze in campo: Bertolacci Andrea" [Call-ups and appearances] (in Italian). FIGC. Retrieved 3 September 2014.
- Hershman, Josh (11 June 2013). "Late Bertolacci goal denies Norway top spot". UEFA. Retrieved 3 September 2014.
- Kell, Tom (18 June 2013). "Thiago treble helps Spain retain Under-21 crown". UEFA. Retrieved 3 September 2014.
- "Liverpool’s Mario Balotelli recalled to Italy squad for Euro qualifier". The Guardian. Press Association. 10 November 2014. Retrieved 10 November 2014.