Andrea Bræin Hovig
|Andrea Bræin Hovig|
|Born||Kaja Andrea Bræin Hovig
July 19, 1973
|Years active||2000 – present|
Andrea Bræin Hovig (born 19 July 1973) is a Norwegian actress.
She graduated from the Norwegian National Academy of Theatre in 1998, and has since acted both at Det Norske Teatret (the Norwegian Theater) and at Nationaltheatret (the National Theatre). At Nationaltheatret she has had roles such as "Juliet" in Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, and "Hilde" in Ibsen's The Lady from the Sea. In 2000 she received Anders Jahre's cultural award for young artists. Hovig has also acted in films and on television, such as De 7 dødssyndene (The 7 Deadly Sins, 2000) and "Berlinerpoplene" (TV, 2007). She is also a singer, and has acted in the musical Chicago, and released an album of standard songs.
Hovig is married to the musician Andreas Utnem, and the two have one child together.
- "CV Andrea Bræin Hovig" (in Norwegian). Dagbladet. 2008-04-23. Retrieved 2008-08-11.
- "Andrea Bræin Hovig" (in Norwegian). Nationaltheatret. Retrieved 2008-08-11.
- "Andrea Bræin Hovig". IMDb. Retrieved 2008-08-11.
- "Først musikalplate, så baby" (in Norwegian). Aftenposten. 2003-02-25. Retrieved 2008-08-11.
- Andrea Bræin Hovig at the Internet Movie Database
- Biography from Nationaltheateret.
- List of roles at Nationaltheateret.