|Member of the Michigan House of Representatives
from the 32nd district
January 1, 2011
|Preceded by||Jennifer Haase|
March 6, 1987 |
New Baltimore, Michigan
Andrea LaFontaine (born 1987) is an American politician from the state of Michigan. A Republican, she was elected to the Michigan State House of Representatives in 2010, representing the 32nd State House District, which includes portions of northeastern Macomb County and four rural townships in St. Clair County.
Andrea LaFontaine was born in New Baltimore, Michigan. Circa 1995, she moved to Richmond Township, Macomb County, Michigan, and graduated from Richmond High School in 2005. She received a Bachelor's degree from Central Michigan University in 2009 — with concentrations in political science, legal studies, and leadership studies — and completed a Masters of Public Administration in 2011. She currently resides in Columbus Township, St. Clair County, Michigan.
LaFontaine narrowly won against four opponents in the Republican Party Primary election in August of 2010. She defeated Democratic Party incumbent Jennifer Haase with 16,101 votes to 14,354 votes. Libertarian Party candidate Scott Dudek had 1,367 votes.
LaFontaine is pro-life and does not support abortion under any circumstances. She is pro-gun rights: a member of National Rifle Association (NRA) and Michigan Coalition for Responsible Gun Owners (MCRGO). She opposes taxes on businesses, advocating repeal of the Michigan Business Tax.
- "About". Retrieved 2012-06-15.
- Bouffard, Karen (December 6, 2010). "20 Something Politicians Head to Michigan House". The Detroit News. Archived from the original on 2010-12-07. Retrieved 2011-01-21.
- Goldstein, Aaron (January 1, 2011). "Good Luck Andrea LaFontaine". The Spectacle Blog. The American Spectator. Retrieved 2012-06-15.
- "Election Results GENERAL ELECTION November 02, 2010". Michigan Department of State Bureau Of Elections. March 2, 2011. Retrieved 2012-06-15.
- "Issues". Retrieved 2012-06-15.