FRSE MRCVS OBE
|Principal & Vice Chancellor of Edinburgh Napier University|
|Preceded by||Dame Joan Stringer|
|Alma mater||Trinity College Dublin|
Andrea Nolan FRSE MRCVS OBE is Professor of Veterinary Pharmacology and Principal & Vice Chancellor of Edinburgh Napier University. In 1999, she was the first woman ever appointed to head a British veterinary school.
Nolan was appointed a lecturer at the University of Glasgow in 1989 and Professor of Veterinary Pharmacology in 1998. She continues to hold this post and remains active in research focused on pain in animals. In 1999, she was appointed Dean of the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, the first female Dean at the University and the first woman to lead a British vet school.
In 2004, she was appointed Vice-Principal of the University with responsibility for Learning & Teaching, and in 2006 took on the additional responsibility of Internationalisation. At the same time, Anton Muscatelli, Dean of the Faculty of Social Sciences, was appointed Vice-Principal for Strategy, Budgeting and Advancement. In 2009, Muscatelli was appointed Principal of the University and shortly afterwards promoted Nolan to the new post of Senior Vice-Principal and Deputy Vice-Chancellor. Frank Coton, Dean of the Faculty of Engineering, was appointed Vice-Principal for Learning & Teaching. In her new role, Nolan had particular responsibility for restructuring the University's nine Faculties into four new Colleges.
Principal & Vice Chancellor
Nolan was appointed the Principal & Vice Chancellor of Edinburgh Napier University in 2013, succeeding Dame Joan Stringer to the post, and intends to announce a new University strategy for 2014-2019 early next year.
- "Biography of Andrea Nolan". University of Glasgow. Retrieved 19 February 2010.
- "Plenary session speakers biographies". Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education. 22 January 2010. Archived from the original on 15 January 2010. Retrieved 19 February 2010.
- "University appoints Deputy Vice-Chancellor". University of Glasgow. 8 October 2009. Retrieved 19 February 2009.
- "Prof Andrea Nolan". University of Glasgow School of Veterinary Medicine. Retrieved 19 February 2010.
- "University appoints new Vice-Principal". University of Glasgow. 18 December 2009. Retrieved 19 February 2009.
- "Andrea Nolan appointed principal of Edinburgh Napier University". The Herald (Glasgow). 19 January 2013. Retrieved 25 October 2013.
Dame Joan Stringer
|Principal & Vice Chancellor of Edinburgh Napier University