Andrea Weiss is an American rabbi, author, and Assistant Professor of Bible at Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute of Religion in New York, where she was ordained in 1993. In 2006 she published the book Figurative Language in Biblical Prose Narrative: Metaphor in the Book of Samuel (Supplements to Vetus Testamentum). She was associate editor of The Torah: A Women’s Commentary, which won the 2008 Jewish Book of the Year Award from the Jewish Book Council. She was once a student of Tamara Cohn Eskenazi, who was the chief editor of the book. Weiss gave the 2012 Goodman Lecture at St. Catherine's University on “Ancient Words, New Voices: The Story of The Torah—A Women’s Commentary.
- "Document.writeln". Huc.edu. Retrieved 2013-10-05.
- "Jewish Telegraphic Agency". jta.org. Retrieved 12 January 2014.
- "HUC-JIR: Press Room - Rabbi Andrea Weiss Named Scholar-in-Residence at Temple Israel of New Rochelle". Huc.edu. Retrieved 2013-10-05.
- "Figurative Language in Biblical Prose Narrative: Metaphor in the Book of Samuel (Supplements to Vetus Testamentum): Andrea L. Weiss: 9789004148376: Amazon.com: Books". Amazon.com. 2006-03-01. Retrieved 2013-10-05.
- Lipman, Steve. "Rachel Would Be Proud". The Jewish Week. Retrieved 2013-10-05.
- "The Jewish Publication Society: Authors + Speakers: Dr. Tamara Cohn Eskenazi". Jewishpub.org. Retrieved 2013-10-05.
- "A women's look at the Torah - Page 4 - Chicago Tribune". Articles.chicagotribune.com. 2007-05-04. Retrieved 2013-10-05.
- Julie Michener. "The 2012 Goodman Lecture Series presents award-winning author :: St. Kate's Newswire :: St. Catherine University, St. Paul, MN :: News and Events". News.stkate.edu. Retrieved 2013-10-05.