In her SPT position, Wong heads the studio’s international television production business, overseeing the creative teams outside the U.S. as well as the twenty owned and joint venture international production companies around the world.
Based in London, Wong also serves as international president for SPE and acts as the company’s commercial and governmental representative related to production abroad.
Previously, Wong served as president and CEO of Lifetime Networks, where she oversaw the day-to-day operations of Lifetime Television, Lifetime Movie Network, Lifetime Real Women, and Lifetime Digital, including programming, marketing, advertising sales, affiliate sales, public affairs, business and legal affairs, strategic planning, operations and research. During her time there she saw Army Wives become Lifetime's top-rated original series ever and spearheaded Lifetime's acquisition of Project Runway. These two shows remain the highest rated series on Lifetime.
Prior to that, Wong was executive vice president, alternative programming, specials and late night at ABC where she developed shows such as The Bachelor, the U.S. version of Dancing With the Stars and the Emmy-award winning Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. Wong graduated MIT with a degree in electrical engineering and received an MBA from Stanford University. She serves on the board of Liberty Media Corporation and she is a Henry Crown Fellow of the Aspen Institute. She is also a member of the governing board of the British Film Institute and serves on the Stanford Graduate School of Business Advisory Council.
- Andrea Wong named President, International Production, Sony Pictures Television and President, International, Sony Pictures Entertainment
- Andrea Wong joining Sony, Hollywood Reporter
- NELLIE ANDREEVA "Deadline" Andrea Wong Tapped As President Of Int’l Production At Sony Pictures TV & President International At Sony Pictures Entertainment deadline.com, Retrieved on October 1, 2013
- Q&A: Lifetime's Andrea Wong - TVWeek - News
- Andrea Wong - Women's Impact Report 2007 - Variety
- Future of Entertainment Conference - Keynotes