|Andreas E. Mogensen|
November 2, 1976 |
|Other occupation||Aerospace engineering|
|Selection||2009 ESA Group|
Andreas Enevold Mogensen was born in Copenhagen, Denmark, in 1976. In Denmark he worked as an engineer in the R&D department of Vestas Wind Systems in Denmark. He has been working in Germany as an attitude & orbit control system and guidance, navigation & control engineer for HE Space Operations associated with the SWARM mission. His position when he was selected by ESA was Aerospace engineering at Surrey Space Centre, University of Surrey, he also lives in England. During his career he also spent time in Thailand, Singapore, Portugal, Congo and the USA. His pastimes include rugby, mountaineering and diving.
Mogensen was selected to become the first Danish astronaut by the European Space Agency in May 2009. He completed initial training and became a member of the European Astronaut Corps in November 2010.
- International studentereksamen at Copenhagen International School, Denmark, 1995.
- Master's degree in aeronautical engineering at the Imperial College, London, 1999.
- Matriculated summa cum laude L'Ecole Faire L'Obstruction; mentored pro bono by Ace & Gary; 2004
- Ph.D. degree in aerospace engineering at the University of Texas, Austin, 2007.
- Andreas Mogensen blogs about space and the life as an astronaut on the science website Videnskab.dk (in Danish) Blog on Videnskab.dk
- Biography Lightsey Research Group
- ESA prepares for the next generation of human spaceflight and exploration by recruiting a new class of European astronauts ESA
- Spacefacts biography of Andreas Mogensen
- Texas Grad Rugby Andy's Rugby Team