Andreas Vgenopoulos (businessman)
||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (September 2010)|
Andreas Vgenopoulos is the chairman of Marfin Investment Group and was a major shareholder of Panathinaikos FC. Mr. Vgenopoulos resigned from Panathinaikos in June 2010 siting differences with Mr. Giannis Vardinogianis.  His departure disappointed the fans of Panathinaikos.  Vgenopoulos owns 1% of Marfin Popular Bank and 1,5% of the Marfin Investment Group.
- Andreas Vgenopoulos was born on 4 January 1953 in Athens. He graduated from Athens University with a degree in Business Law and from Long Island University (U.S.) with a degree in Business Administration. He was a prominent fencing Panathinaikos athlete.
- Andreas Vgenopoulos was a major shareholder of Panathinaikos FC until June 2010, owning 20% of the club's shares. He was also a member of the board of directors of the club alongside, Giannis Vardinogiannis and Pavlos Giannakopoulos. Panathinaikos is now owned by "Panathinaiki Symmahia" and Mr. Alafouzos.</ref><http://www.paomprosta.gr/el/node/56></ref> *Panathinaikos fans attribute the club's hard times partly to Mr. Vgenopoulos and Mr. Pateras who made promises, spent millions and then left the club. </ref>http://www.supersport.com/football/fifa-internationals/news/120718/Panathinaikos_begin_new_era</ref>
- Andreas Vgenopoulos was also the chairman of Olympic Air, the oldest Greek airline. Marfin Investment Group (MIG) bought the company from the Greek government on October 1, 2009. During the last three years, Mr. Vgenopoulos' MIG fund has seen the wealth deteriorate, it is reported that it has lost 95% of its value. Mr. Vgenopoulos is in the process of selling Olympic to Aegean. (http://www.thenationalherald.com/article/59843); http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424127887324251504578579423381608656
- Papachristou, Harry (8 August 2008). "New cash for a new century". Athens News. Retrieved 2008-08-30.
- "PAO owners name president". Kathimerini: English edition. 2008-05-27. Retrieved 2008-08-30.
|This biographical article relating to Greek football is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This business-related Greek biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|