Alexandrescu at ACCU 2009
|Born||1969 (age 44–45)
|Education||Politehnica University of Bucharest and University of Washington|
|Occupation||Research scientist at Facebook|
|Known for||Expert on C++ programming|
Andrei Alexandrescu is a Romanian C++ programmer and author. He is particularly known for his pioneering work on policy-based design implemented via template metaprogramming. These ideas are articulated in his book Modern C++ Design and were first implemented in his programming library, Loki. He also implemented the "move constructors" concept in his MOJO library. He contributed to the C/C++ Users Journal under the byline "Generic<Programming>". Alexandrescu is currently a research scientist at Facebook.
He is a developer of the D programming language.
Education and career
His first article was published in the C/C++ Users Journal in September 1998. He was a program manager for Netzip, Inc. from April 1999 until February 2000. When the company was acquired by RealNetworks, Inc., he served there as a development manager from February 2000 through September 2001.
- Andrei Alexandrescu (February 2001). Modern C++ Design: Generic Programming and Design Patterns Applied. Addison-Wesley. ISBN 978-0-201-70431-0.
- Herb Sutter, Andrei Alexandrescu (November 2004). C++ Coding Standards: 101 Rules, Guidelines, and Best Practices. Addison-Wesley. ISBN 978-0-321-11358-0.
- Andrei Alexandrescu (June 2010). The D Programming Language. Addison-Wesley. ISBN 978-0-321-63536-5.
- Alexandrescu, Andrei (1 February 2003). "Move Constructors". Dr. Dobbs Journal. Archived from the original on 7 May 2009. Retrieved 25 March 2009.
- Andrei Alexandrescu: Resumé
- ACCU Spring Conference 2001
- ACCU 2008: Speakers
- ACCU 2010: Speakers
- Computer Science & Engineering, Recent Ph.D. Graduates (Summer 2009). University of Washington.
- Alexandrescu's homepage - Contains links to downloadable Loki libraries for various compilers.
- (Romanian) Interviu MONEY.ro: Facebook face angajări în România, 1 March 2010
|This article about a computer specialist of Europe is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Romanian scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|