Andrew Baggarly is an American journalist and author who has covered Major League Baseball teams since 1998 and San Francisco Giants since 2004. As of 2015, he is the Giants beat writer for the Bay Area News Group.
Baggarly is the author of A Band of Misfits: Tales of the 2010 San Francisco Giants (2011) and Giant Splash: Bondsian Blasts, World Series Parades, and Other Thrilling Moments by the Bay (2015).
In 1998, Baggarly began covering Major League Baseball for the San Bernardino County Sun. Baggarly later worked for the Riverside Press-Enterprise, where he served as a beat reporter covering the Los Angeles Dodgers from 2002–2003, and the Anaheim Angels from 2000-01.
Baggarly spent a combined eight years with the Oakland Tribune, from 2004–2006, and the San Jose Mercury News, from 2006–2012, covering Giants baseball as a beat writer. He also followed the Giants in his blog, "Extra Baggs," created for Bay Area News Group. In 2012, Baggarly joined Comcast SportsNet Bay Area as their "Giants Insider", covering the team on several different multiplatorm outlets, including CSNBayArea.com’s GiantsTalk page, SportsNet Central, Chronicle Live, Giants Pregame Live, and Giants Postgame Live. Baggarly left CSN and returned to the Bay Area News Group in 2015.
Baggarly was born in Naperville, Illinois and grew up a Chicago Cubs fan in suburban Los Angeles. He graduated from the Medill School of Journalism at Northwestern University in 1997. He lives in Millbrae, California.
- "Andrew Baggarly joins Comcast SportsNet Bay Area, CSNBayArea.com to cover Giants" (Press release). Comcast Sports Net. February 7, 2012.
- "Andrew Baggarly back on the San Francisco Giants beat". Bay Area News Group. February 18, 2015.
- Platt, Ben (April 19, 2011). "Books celebrate Giants’ championship season".
- "Giant Splash: Bondsian Blasts, World Series Parades, and Other Thrilling Moments by the Bay". Amazon.com.
- "Umpires, official scorers announced for 78th All-Star Game" (Press release). MLB.com. June 14, 2007.
- "2014 Hall of Fame Ballots". bbwaa.com. Retrieved 2014-01-12.
- "Exclusive Interview with Andrew Baggarly, author of A Band of Misfits". Book(ed) Passage. July 18, 2011.
- Reis, Julia (May 1, 2013). "Ink dries on sportswriter’s print career, but Andrew Baggarly remains a storyteller". Peninsula Press.
- "Andrew Baggarly's "Jeopardy" Run Comes To End On Fourth Day". SportsBusiness Daily. July 26, 2012.